QE (System Test Engineer)
Santa Clara County, CA
Our MTS - QE team is tasked with test planning, test design, test automation and test case development to assess and improve the overall quality of our products. As a member of the QE team you must have experience testing a 'systems' product (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking). The ability to think 'outside the box' is crucial in designing test cases to adequately and quickly assess the integrity of the product.
- Conducting requirements and design reviews of new features.
- Designing high level test approaches and implementing detailed test plans.
- Writing New Automated test cases for existing and new features.
- Executing automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s).
- Working closely with the Development team to analyze and find root cause of failures.
- Filing defects and tracking them to closure.
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Ability to debug and extend automated tests.
- Experience testing a systems product (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking).
- Strong systems administration experience in UNIX, preferably Linux.
- Understanding of file system concepts and protocols such as: networked filesystems, logical volumes, journaled filesystems, tiered storage, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, and LUNs.
Experience using virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, or Xen. VMware and Hyper-V is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 or more years of Software QA experience.
- Experience in testing clustered/distributed systems.
- Experience using and administering projects in a continuous integration. framework such as Jenkins/Hudson.
- Experience developing automated tests in one of following programming. languages: Python/ Java
- Ability to leverage open source tools for test development and execution.
Were an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.