Senior Director, Engineering
Bangalore Urban, India
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership.
The candidate should be well versed in Agile principles. Able to run scrum teams, perform agile release planning and demonstrate through active projects. Should be able to inculcateDevOpsmindset and grow this transition.
We are looking for leaders who are passionate about web-scale and usability. You should be able to work witha varietyof open source projects and rest APIs. Knowledge with these technologies and creating a solution using them isa criticalingredient for success in this role.
- Deliver a best in class systems management stack leveraging open source components.
- Manage complex technical aspects ofthe projectand execute efficiently
- Collaborate with differentcross-functionalteams to achieve the project goals
- Challenge status quo and push the side for better solutions
- Live the Agile principles and create a high performing group through them
- Highly execution focused on delivering faster releases with high quality
- Hire, mentor, and grow passionate individuals who work together well.
- Strong leader capable of motivating the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect
- Ability to build cross-geo relationships and manage cross-geo teams.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt tothe fast-pacedbusiness environment.
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven track record leading and building successful software teams
- 18+ years of industry experience with 8+ years in a management role
- Needs to have worked on distributed systems or large scale systems
- Proven track record of building teams of 50+ members with a healthy mix of senior talent.
- Experience in Python, Java, and web-scale application development. C++ andgoLangis a plus
- Experience in AWS, Azure stack APIs is a plus
- Experience in leveraging opensource technologies like GraphQL, Zookeeper, Cassandra, MongoDB, JSON
- Experience insoftware-basedload balancer (NGINX)