Senior MTS - Disaster Recovery and Backup
Santa Clara County, CA
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with strong background in architecture, design, development and automation to be part of Nutanix Data Protection team. Our team is working on exciting new challenges in building a suite of Data Protection solutions and building a platform to cater to our business partners. We are also bolstering our cloud-based data protection service to serve our ever-growing customers needs.
In this role you will:
- Architect, design and develop software for a converged computing+storage platform for the software defined data center.
- Develop a keen understanding of complex distributed systems, and design creative solutions for customer requirements.
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed storage systems.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a dynamic environment.
Engage with customers and support when needed to address production issues.
- Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: C, C++, Python ideally for enterprise-quality software
- Deep understanding of UNIX/Linux or expertise in Windows
- Development experience in file systems, operating systems, database back-ends, distributed systems management, Cloud technologies
- Experience with Data protection, Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferred
- Familiarity with Backup ecosystem, disaster recovery concepts of distributed data management, in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, Xen. VMware preferred
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree in related field preferred
- Bachelor's plus 6 years of related industry experience
- Masters plus 3 years of related industry experience
Were an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.