Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara County, CA
Were looking for Senior Software Engineers that knows how to build scalabledistributed systems solutions and keep them up and running by managingcomplexity and fault domains. Ideally, candidates should have experience with bothdeveloping and deploying an embedded Linux system or appliance. Experience orfamiliarity with relevant storage and networking background would be very helpful.We are also highly interested in candidates that have expertise in Private or Public cloud technology.
- Works on complex problems. Has deep understanding of his/her area and interactions with all related areas. Is highly encouraged to maintain an architecture and detailed design documents for his/her area. DevEx and SREs should be comfortable to reach out during onCalls and customer escalation.
- Can have full responsibility for the architecture of a medium sized project. Understands the component completely. Has demonstrated technical leadership for his/her area. Active involvement in code reviews and his/her code reviews are authoritative.
- Exhibits effective teamwork and mentoring of multiple engineers. Guides NCGs and Interns and serves as a technical knowledge base in the group. Collaboration with distributed team members.
- Able to digest problems with high complexity and propose simple and elegant solutions.
- Good understanding of algorithms and ability to implement them.
- Work within a multiregional team.
- Team player who is excited to share ideas and problems, and quickly processes feedback.
- Love of programming and problem-solving.
- Ability to innovate.
- Good Python, ideally for enterprise-quality software.
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux (RHEL flavors preferred).
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed systems.
- Good verbal and communication skills in English.
- Exhibits effective teamwork and mentoring of multiple engineers.
- Has full responsibility for the design and implementation of self-contained part of a project. Active involvement in code reviews.
- Works on projects of moderate to high conceptual complexity. Demonstrated ability to write high quality functional and design specifications or test plans.
- Familiarity with virtualization and/or storage and network management
- Familiarity with KVM and QEMU preferred.
- Hands on knowledge private/public cloud computing.
- Experience in interaction with open source communities.
- Knowledgeable and have used a broad mix of technologies such as Virtualization, Virtual Machine Scheduling algorithms, IaaS APIs, and so on.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters at Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6-7 years of relevant work experience in Software development.
Were an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.