Santa Clara County, CA
We are looking for a Staff Engineer with strong background in architecture, design, development and automation to be part of Nutanix Data Protection team. Our team is working on exciting new challenges in building a suite of Data Protection solutions and building a platform to cater to our business partners. We are also bolstering our cloud-based data protection service to serve our ever-growing customers needs.
- Architect, design and develop software for a converged computing and storage platform for the software defined data center.
- Utilize your deep knowledge of complex distributed systems to design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed storage systems.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues.
- Provide mentoring, technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Build effective unit and integration tests
- Ability to write scripts and tools for development and debugging.
- Love for writing clean, modular code in a fast paced, Agile development model.
- Extensive experience in system architecture and designing.
- Solid Unix/Linux and C/C++ experience
- Experience in File systems, operating systems, database back-ends, distributed systems management and Cloud technologies
- Deep understanding of OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation trade-offs in building clustered, high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Experience with Backup ecosystem preferred
- Experience with Virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, and Xen
- Experience in Large-scale distributed systems such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, and Zookeeper is preferred
Experience with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage management.)
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or related field.
- 7-10 years of industry experience
Were an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.