Software Defined Networking (SDN) Engineer
Santa Clara County, CA
Were looking for SDN Engineers that know how to build scalable distributed solutions, and keep them up and running by managing complexity and fault domains. Ideally, candidates should have experience with both developing and deploying SDN management and control plane software. Experience or familiarity with relevant open source projects in this area (e.g., Neutron, OVN, OVS, Quagga, Snabb, &c.) would be very helpful. We are also highly interested in candidates that have expertise in routing protocols and VPN technology.
- Design, develop, and deploy a cloud-scale SDN solution.
- Work on complex distributed systems.
- Collaborate with a small team of developers, test engineers, and product management.
- Evaluate and improve performance, scalability, and resilience.
- Engage with customers and support to solve production issues.
- 3-5+ years of software engineering experience in the networking/SDN domain
- Fluency in C and Python.
- Extremely strong systems programming and design skills.
- Solid understanding of fundamental network protocols.
- Experience with network troubleshooting and telemetry tools.
- Familiarity with virtualization platforms, particularly qemu/KVM.
- Experience building distributed systems and highly-available services.
- Experience developing and deploying SDN solutions at scale.
- Experience developing and deploying VPN solutions.
- Familiarity with tunneling protocols (VXLAN, GRE, Geneve).
- Familiarity with routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS).
- Familiarity or involvement with open source SDN projects
Were an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.