Sr Engineering Manager - Prism UI
Santa Clara County, CA
Nutanix is disrupting the industry by converging several layers of computing (compute, storage, virtualization, backup etc..) into one, and delivering it through a single User Interface as a frictionless and delightful consumer-grade user experience. Therefore, unlike traditional companies in the computing space, a well designed User Interface is vital to Nutanixs success. It is one of two pillars of Nutanix's Enterprise cloud vision. Its Prism User Interface is recognized in the industry for its simplicity, performance and elegant design.
As we continue to reimagine the interface, we are looking for a strong technical and people leader to help define and drive the development of the next generation of the UI. This next-gen UI will be a search and visualization first interface that manages computing at large scale in a simple and performant manner. This person will work closely with Product Management, UX design and other key stakeholders to create this roadmap and deliver it.
- Hire and grow a high performing team of super-motivated and happy UI engineers.
- Work cross-functionally to define, drive and deliver key projects of the next-gen UI.
- Enable the evolution of the UI to be a platform that can be easily extended.
- Ensure quality remains intact while innovation proceeds at high velocity.
- Ensure various features are exposed in the UI with the right user experience.
- Able to understand technical designs and provide input.
- Ensure just enough process is created to meet the needs of scale.
- Preserve a culture of calculated risk-taking, ownership and innovation.
- Track record of leading and scaling successful UI teams
- B.S or M.S in computer science or equivalent, with 5+ years of management experience
- Ability to learn new domains quickly, detail-oriented, self-motivated, high-integrity, good communication and attitude
Ability to attract top UI talent
Were an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.