Systems Engineer/Presales Public Sector - UK North
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
The Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) is a customer-focused technical sales professional that provides pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, and hands-on assistance to customers and Nutanix channel partners. The SSE teams and collaborates with Nutanix sales teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings.
The Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) is a customer-focused technical sales professional that provides pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, thought leadership and hands-on assistance to customers and Nutanix channel partners. The SSE teams and collaborates with Nutanix sales teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings.
The SSE acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix sales teams, business partners and customers.
Our System Engineers work as part of a sales team, working with one Account Executive focused on a defined list of accounts across public sector. As a team you have the opportunity to build your franchise, working alongside your colleagues in services, support and marketing to deliver customer success. At Nutanix we are proud of our NPS score, consistently achieving over 90 by the focus all our teams have on customer satisfaction.
We are looking for passionate individuals who want to be part of one of the most exciting and visionary companies in the market where everyone is obsessed with our core principles of being honest, humble and hungry.
- Articulate the features and benefits of Nutanix solutions and products.
- Understand the customers business drivers and how to map these to a Nutanix solution.
- Provide technical leadership in the Requirements Discovery, Solution Development, and Solution Proposal stages of the opportunity sales cycle.
- Provide channel partner enablement for selected channel partners in defined territory to include: regular product and solution updates, customized workshops, SE shadow program, and any other required tasks to enable partner to perform independent pre-sales support for small-to-medium size opportunities.
- Perform product demonstrations and presentations in support of company road shows and events.
- Manage, monitor, and/or perform solution evaluations and Proofs-of-Concept in support of sales opportunities either directly or through channel partners.
- Perform technical account management and act as an interface between the sales/pre-sales account teams and technical staff by monitoring and managing technical issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve technical issues.
- Act as interface to Product Management to monitoring and manage feature requests and product roadmap issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve related issues.
Provide reporting and feedback on customer accounts and field activities to Sales, Product Management, and Engineering.
- Has proven customer facing skills at both the C-level and line management level.
- Has experience working in public sector, preferably from both technical as well as presales perspective.
- Be technically strong enough to establish credibility with technical leaders and seen as providing thought leadership.
- Technical experience with virtualization technologies, data center consolidation, software sales, software defined storage, hyperscalers and hybrid cloud highly desirable. Experience in automation, orchestration and DevOps desirable.
- Hands-on, and does what it takes attitude to drive success.
- Team player with strong drive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally with partners, customers, and internal cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, and Engineering.
- A structured thinker with strong presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans.
- Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
Travel within the UK required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5-7+ years experience in a customer facing technical role.
- Experience that demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Nutanix solutions and services is required.
- Experience in selling into the data centre with enterprise software, cloud and hardware solutions.
- Knowledge on automation, orchestration and DevOps highly desirable.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.