Technical Solutions Architect - Cloud - Central
Technical Solutions Architect - Cloud
The Technical Solutions Architect (TSA) will work within the Americas Service team which fixates on high-value solution sales while providing valuable input into potential repeatable offerings and optimizing the presales attach rate.
The candidate will be an industry expert in the solution sales process, architecture, and demonstrated positive outcomes. The TSA will collaborate with the presales Advisory Services Manager (ASM) which is the services solution sales liaison and field sales teams throughout the origination, solutioning, and teaming to capture new business for targeted market and sales enterprise verticals.
The Cloud TSA is expected to bring a strong foundation in enterprise infrastructure knowledge while working together with the sales pursuit team to effectively design and blueprint technical and business process solutions that exceed client expectations.
Candidate will have proficiency in one or more of the Cloud use cases including, but not limited to: Hyperconverged architectures, modern, cloud native applications, REST API development, multi-cloud, hybrid cloud, public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), workload microsegmentation, microservices architectures, container services, manager-of-manager, lift-and-shift, and application rationalization.
- Primary focus will be Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, devops principles, and related infrastructure.
- From time-to-time the candidate will lead or establish proof of concepts or workshops for potential strategic corporate engagements in a presales fashion.
- Assist and drive the sales pursuit team and ASM with new and existing clients to uncover their critical business objective, painting a vision for how these objectives could be obtained from our solution that includes a balance of products, support, and services.
- Emphasize solution-based design via analyses of clients needs and on technical knowledge of product and solution capabilities and limitations.
- Propose the optimal solution or assist clients in minimizing options, based on clients needs, solution specifications, and applicable regulations.
- Collaborate with colleagues and the Americas Cloud Solution Lead to exchange information, such as selling strategies, product management, SE Xpert teams, or marketing.
- Identify repeatable solutions and work with Cloud Solution Lead to prioritize, review, and contribute resulting services toolkits.
- Develop and deliver presentations to prospective clients including solution demonstrations.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Develops strategies, methods, policies, and best practices for Nutanix Advisory Services.
- Acts as a key contributor in complex and critical client environments.
- Develops and cultivates strong client relationships fostering a Clients for Life relationship.
- Provides presales support for Level of Effort (LOE) and coordinates the development of strategic practice responses to an RFP
- May represent the company as the principal client contact and often performs a leadership role.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining high client satisfaction (CSAT) within the sales and delivery process.
- Mastery in deploying/utilizing virtualization-based solutions (5+ years). Solid understanding of Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) and what sets it apart from traditional 3-tier solutions.
- Extensive private & public cloud experience (AWS, GCP, Azure, VMware), having architected and/or sold a large cloud initiative including self-service, automation, and orchestration.
- Have worked with containers and/or container management toolsets such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Has programming experience and can code proficiently in at least one of the following languages/frameworks:
- .Net, Visual Studio, Powershell, or associated Microsoft DE (Development Environments)
- Proficient with and comfortable leveraging a variety of REST API solutions
- Has devops experience with and can demonstrate proficiency in one or more (but not inclusive):
- Fluent in networking architectures and technologies and able to speak intelligently with network subject matter experts about how to configure their networks when using a variety of infrastructure technologies and security implications.
- Prior consulting / client facing experience in Fortune 500 and Global Clients, preferably with pre-sales experience
- Demonstrated thought leadership on a program or client pursuit
- Desire for established Social Network presence
Nutanix NPX certification desired within 24 months, along with relevant domain expertise or architect certifications.
Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
This is a commissioned role based upon solution sales targets basis aligning with Nutanix objectives for client success
Were an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.