Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion dollar cloud infrastructure market by groundbreaking the first hybrid cloud platform that can incrementally scale out to handle petabytes of data, while running tens of thousands of virtual machines.This brings about exciting new challenges in building a cloud scale distributed control plane that can serve multitude of applications.
"Design" and "Customer delight" is embedded in every step of our product cycle. Nutanix has a design first philosophy that brings consumer grade design and web scale engineering together to build an amazing user experience.
- Working closely with the UX, Visual Designers and API, backend engineers to build a highly engaging UI that predicts and exceeds user expectations.
- Partnering with the product management team to understand user needs.
Participating in process definition and technology selection to ensure appropriate testing of UIs.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience with REST APIs.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS.
Understands and respects UX and its role in the development of excellent UIs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- 4+ years experience working as UI Engineer
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation trade-offs in building clustered, high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
- Experience with data visualization libraries (e.g. D3, Flotr/Flotr2) is nice to have.
- Experience with browser debugging and profiling tools.
- Track record of developing enterprise Web applications.
Familiarity or experience with Python, Java is a plus.
Were an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.