We’re looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- Acts as an escalated technical contact for external trading partners and internal stakeholders for technical issues.
- Monitor all messaging traffic, track activity levels, create metrics and identify areas for improvement and automation.
- Actively maintain an operational service catalog.
- Develop & support processes in conjunction with the IT Infrastructure & Ops team to ensure reliable operations.
- Coordinate with software and/or service vendors as needed and respond promptly to production support issues
- Responsible for creating knowledge base of support documentation that includes issue trackers, FAQs etc.
Design & Build:
- Responsible for designing, developing and deploying solutions that will include API and ETL.
- Works with end users, IT business analysts, the integration team and other IT build teams to understand needs for data & application integration within the organization.
- Perform source system and source data analysis/profiling
- Develop source-to-target mapping design specifications & business glossaries
Compliance, Embedded Security & Privacy by design:
- Ensure that all major software and hardware components of the integration landscape are up to date to ensure secure and stable operations.
- Ensure that access to both data and/or code is secure and in accordance with business requirements & IT policies.
- Support data collection requirements for audits.
Technical Architecture & Innovation:
- Actively maintain a development service catalog – a repository of development offerings/best practices.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to team members across the business and IT teams on how to develop solutions on our chosen integration platform(s).
- Ensure ongoing compatibility of integrations between our major enterprise applications including, but not limited to, ERP (SAP, JDE, M3), Ecommerce, product data systems (includes both PLM, PIM solutions) and Salesforce – both on the on premise, and in the cloud.
- Identify gaps in the current integration infrastructure and collaborate with the IT business partners/analysts to direct innovation efforts based on business needs.
- Research ongoing industry developments and make recommendations on enhancing our technology posture and evolve to address emerging integration requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field. 10+ years of overall experience with demonstrated integration expertise in several business and
2 - 5+ years’ experience providing hands-on solution delivery and support of enterprise integration solutions.
Integration experience with industry-standard integration products, preferably
- Experience with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)/ESB (Enterprise Service Bus).
- Intermediate Experience using the JAVA IDE.
- Knowledge of SDLC, code management concepts, and platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language such as .NET, C#, or JAVA.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience with secure coding standards and API security.
- Strong ability to define multiple solution options to business problems.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We’re a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.