We’re looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
POSITION: FLEXIBAR Fab Operator
LOCATION: Solon, Ohio
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Supervisor
- Set-up and perform printing, cutting, stripping, punching, coping and various forming operations on Flexibar
- Must be able to use tape measure and calipers
- Locate proper material, set-up and operate various equipment; video jet, kick press, piranha iron worker, punch press, terry table and stripper.
- Work from routing sheets, blue prints, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Perform continuous visual inspections to ensure quality parts and a safe work environment.
- Perform pick and pack operations for customer orders of Flexibar.
- Report faulty equipment, defective material and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent. Additional experience, training or formal education is beneficial.
- 1-3 years Manufacturing Experience. Familiarity with processes and products in Flexibar department is preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting skills necessary, with the ability to make informed decisions.
- Good organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced; multi-tasking environment and meet operational deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, safety and quality conscious, and work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Heavy lifting required (50 plus lbs). Lift truck operator experience required.
- Good communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Competitive annual salary, with solid performance-based bonus potential.
- 401K Plan
- Competitive medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
*M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening required. Must be eligible to work in this country.
A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We’re a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.