We’re looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT WILL YOU EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
In this position, you will get to:
- Direct all resources to achieve the agreed key financial goals established in the yearly AOP plan for both Distribution and Freight.
- Responsible for achieving the main objectives related to deliveries, warehousing and transportation.
- Deal with warehouse organization, products flow and warehouse personnel management.
- Serve as a liaison with transportation partners, promoting effective supplier relationships
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data to drive viable solutions that generate Logistics cost savings and improve service level.
- Develop and maintain carrier and team performance metrics.
- Ensure all company and customer KPIs are met or exceeded; report on progress and develop action plans for improvement.
- Manage monthly distribution and freight spend summary reports and prepare end of month accruals, for EMEA Enclosures ELP locations.
- Collaborate with Customer Service, Operations, and Finance Teams to ensure that all import/export activities align with company processes and initiatives.
- Manage import, export, or breakbulk transactions and applicable administrative EU and foreign government programs to ensure all paperwork is processed efficiently and in a timely manner and meets all compliance requirements.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements related to the company’s transportation policies and practices.
- Support the deployment, implementation, and maintenance of Transportation/Warehouse Management Systems (TMS/WMS) to promote supply chain optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in logistics, transportation and/or supply chain which includes leadership.
- Warehouse organization skills and FIFO principles knowhow.
- Experience working with an automated warehouse environment, barcode system and scanners
- Experience implementing Lean processes and thinking.
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships internally and externally (customers, suppliers, etc.)
- Ability to negotiate by collaborating with others to arrive at a conclusion using compromise, persuasion, influence, rationale, and diplomacy.
- English & German proficiency.
- Advanced use of ERP preferably SAP and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working and maintaining a TMS and/or WMS systems would be a plus.
A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We’re a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.