settings or tools and ensure safe, efficient, and high quality production
- Completes work based on specifications, drawings, job routings, and/or Work Instructions.
- Utilizes gages and measuring equipment to ensure products meet specifications.
- Maintains equipment and materials necessary to complete the operation.
- Meets established safety, quality, performance standards to ensure production schedules are met.
- Records accurate information on Manufacturing Order, Quality Check Sheets, and other paperwork. Performs transactions necessary to maintain accurate records and inventory balances.
- Complies with all applicable safety procedures, quality specifications, and 5S Standards. Reports adverse conditions, non-conforming products/procedures, and 5S violations to department leader in accordance to escalation procedure.
- Adheres to department 5S standards daily. Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- In accordance with escalation procedure, notifies team leader or other appropriate resource when problems arise concerning safety, quality, equipment, operations, materials, inventory, documentation, etc.
- Demonstrates flexibility by performing rotational assignments as needed. Participates actively as a team member through continuous improvement activities to meet customer needs.
At nVent, we believe in an agile and flexible workforce. Machine Operator I may have the opportunity to, or be asked to, work in multiple areas of the business.
Areas may include, but are not limited to:
- Raw Materials saw
- Busbar Machine
- Cable Winding, Extruding and Respooling Machines
- Additional Auxiliary Machines
qualifications and experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years Manufacturing or Machine Operation work experience.
- Mechanical aptitude and mathematical competencies
- Bend, squat down, and reach above your head
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Lift and carry at least 25 pounds
- Work in confined spaces
- Ability to work in a fast-paced; multi-taksing environment and meet operational deadlines.
- Identify and escalate non-conforming process, product, or environmental issues
- Ability to work with a team as a part of an agile and flexible workforce
- Effective verbal and written communication
A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We’re a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.