itions on the line when necessary to maintain the flow of work when absences occur (Vacation, PTO, Restroom breaks, etc.).
- Knowledge of Lean principles in order to lead and participate in Kaizen events
- Be a change agent and drive out waste throughout department through the deployment of the Lean methodology
- Able to enforce company and department policy
- Operate a variety of equipment applicable within assigned area (https://i.e., CRTs, forklifts, etc.).
- Execute and coordinate employee training to ensure that procedures are followed and meet all quality requirements.
- Coordinate the timely and accurate movement of material into, within and out of assigned work area as needed.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture by involving employees in problem solving and decision making as well as recognizing them for exceptional work.
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
- Uses computerized manufacturing technologies or related systems to meet production and customer requirements.
- Performs set-up duties on fabrication equipment and the safety devices in accordance with production documentation.
- Positions production materials and tooling and maintains proper dimensions according to print specifications.
- Operates and adjusts various equipment, including controllers, and edits programs according to production documentation.
- Meets established performance standards to ensure production schedules are met.
- Complies with all applicable safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions or potential safety hazards to team leader or appropriate resource.
- Ensures that products and systems meet Hoffman quality standards.
- Inspects work to ensure proper dimensional requirements are met per prints.
- Performs specified preventative maintenance procedures, and assists Maintenance and outside sources with trouble-shooting systems.
- Takes action and notifies appropriate resource when problems arise concerning equipment, operations, materials, etc.
- Participates actively as a team member through continuous improvement activities to meet customer needs.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or https://G.E.D.
- 1 year of CNC manufacturing equipment experience preferred.
- 3+ years production work experience preferred.
- Computer experience with Windows Word, Excel, Outlook, JD Edwards and Radan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of all operations of the assigned production process required
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures, and ability to promote compliance with them.
- Skill in analytical thinking and problem solving
- Skill in communicating effectively through oral and written communications
- Skill in following detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures.
- Ability to communicate job expectations to production staff and achieving desired results by monitoring, coaching, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Ability to achieve high productivity by reliable and punctual attendance and reporting any tardiness, attendance issues and disciplinary issues to the Production Supervisor.
- Ability to conduct operator training on standard work to include: work instructions, machine adjustments, product quality, company and value stream policies and procedures as required.
- Ability to identify and support continuous improvement efforts with the Production Supervisor.
- Ability to sustain and drive lean manufacturing and 5S activities
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstance and have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment.
nVent Employee Core Values: All employees must adhere to the following core values: high performance, respect, integrity, candor, engaged leadership and accountability.
A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We’re a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers, providing mission critical solutions that improve performance, lower costs and reduce downtime.
- We design, manufacture, market, install and service high-performance products and solutions that connect and protect mission critical equipment, buildings and essential processes. Our robust portfolio of leading electrical product brands dates back more than 100 years and includes nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER.
Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.