We’re looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To provide quality assurance support to production, help drive quality improvements within manufacturing and assist with
customer requests for action.
We are looking for someone to fill our 3rd shift/overnights Quality Technician role.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Facilitate problem solving activities for both product and manufacturing processes.
• Perform process validations and in-process inspections.
• Provide support for data collection, analysis, product review, and process capabilities.
• Perform containment activities preventing potential or additional quality defects.
• Determine and use appropriate measuring tools to verify dimensional requirements.
• Develop and maintain personal goals for improving performance.
• Provide audit support and following up with customer complaints.
• Assist in the calibration of inspection, test, and measurement equipment.
• Assist with training personnel to adhere to quality standards.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• 1 year experience in quality or 5 years experience in sheet steel manufacturing.
• 1 year experience using precision measurement tools.
• Experience reading blue prints required.
• Experience and understanding of process control methods preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to interpret blue print requirements and bill of material lists.
• Ability to use precision measuring equipment (e.g., Calipers, micrometer, paint mil gauges, hardness tester, CMM,
measuring tables, optical comparators, functional testers, etc.).
Career Advancement Opportunity.
• Skill in identifying root causes and the ability to develop recommendations for resolution.
• Effectively organize and plan workload in a self-directed manner.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to maintain effective work relationships across functional areas.
• Ability to interpret and apply procedures with documentation.
• Knowledge of stainless sheet steel manufacturing preferred.
• Skills to quickly learn and operate a wide variety of test and measurement equipment.
• Skills in attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to apply appropriate math and geometry.
• Skill in using personal computers including Microsoft Office applications.
• Able to use and update Microsoft Excel files without support.
• Ability to operate hand tools.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand and walk frequently.
• Ability to work primarily indoors where there is frequently noise of 85 dB and occasional exposure to chemical
A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.
nVent is a certified Great Place to Work!
At nVent, we connect and protect a more sustainable and electrified world with inventive electrical solutions. We’re a nearly $3 billion high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 10,000+ people at more than 130 sites around the world. Our solutions deliver value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and ...