- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Finance
- Location Arlington, VA
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our team members and power their growth through challenging them every day and offering inspiring careers. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
Our passion and mission in Operations is to provide small businesses and internal stakeholders with an amazing credit delivery and servicing experience. We work hard as a team to build and operate the most frictionless and scalable environment for small business credit delivery and service. We continuously invest in people, automation through technology, and efficiency through process optimization. Our team thrives on our culture – We are passionate about having fun, being open and empowering team members.
We're seeking a Collections Specialist who has a genuine desire to help small business owners. You will build and foster relationships will business owners who have borrowed working capital from OnDeck and are seeking repayment assistance.
As a Collections Specialist at OnDeck, you will:
- Successfully meet and exceed daily and monthly quotas.
- Develop genuine relationships with small business owners
- Bring your thinking, strategies, and ideas to assist in mitigating OnDeck’s monthly losses
- Utilize your phenomenal sales skills to negotiate payment arrangements with our delinquent merchants
- Pre-qualify customers for loan workouts and loan modifications
- Manage existing relationships and maintain a consistent book of business
- Conduct comprehensive risk evaluation of the customer.
- Provide continuous feedback to our Underwriting and Credit teams on potential trends in our delinquency population.
Qualifications for success:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
- You have a strong focus on customer-service, relationship building, and customer empathy.
- You are ideally Bilingual in Spanish (but is not required)
- You have solid sales experience managing B2B relationships.
- You have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- You focus on your goals and have a strong desire to succeed.
- You have a powerful work ethic and emotional intelligence.
- You have the ability to advance the vision of the department.
- You have the ability to be coached and follow a proven process.