Customer Marketing Manager
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Marketing
- Location New York, NY
Do you want to shape the way we drive customer loyalty and retention at OnDeck? Can you create and articulate a strategy for how we communicate with our customers at each stage of their journey with us? Can you set ambitious goals and measure the impact you’re having on our customer value? If so, read on…
This Customer Marketing Manager will develop our customer management strategies across all phases of the OnDeck lifecycle. Goals include increasing product utilization, share of wallet, and engagement with account management tools to increase customer value.
The Marketing team’s goal is to position OnDeck as the most trusted brand and preferred provider in small business lending. We take a data-driven, strategic approach to new customer acquisition, public relations, marketing communications, customer loyalty and brand marketing – all while making sure that customer advocacy is our most important touchstone. Our team focuses on results - and we value a fun and collaborative team environment.
What we offer you:
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- A workplace full of bright, interesting, enthusiastic colleagues
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching program, flex spending plan and life insurance
- Paid/flexible vacations and holidays
- Summer & Holiday events with the entire office!
- Happy hour every Wednesday
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
Awards we've received:
- Financial Times Most Innovative In-House Legal Teams, 2015
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work - 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
As the Customer Marketing Manager, you will:
- Own our Customer Engagement & Retention Strategies across key journeys and touchpoints.
- Develop and track initiatives to improve customer engagement, retention and product utilization, driving customer volume and value for the Company.
- Create targeted content for key customer segments and deliver across appropriate communication channels for a cohesive experience.
- Partner with Voice of Customer Manager and customer-facing teams to understand customer friction points and resolve through better communications.
- Partner with sales and training leaders to ensure customers receive cohesive content in all communications.
- Manage cross-functional initiatives with Marketing team members to develop, execute and measure customer campaigns, and with Product and Technology to define and launch relevant communications to digital platforms.
- Establish success metrics for tracking performance and achieving desired segment- and stage-specific goals.
Qualifications for Success:
- Minimum of 5 years in a customer/loyalty marketing role developing segment strategies and campaigns to increase customer retention and value.
- Demonstrated creative copywriting skills; experience creating customer marketing content and writing communications for different media and channels, and developing creative treatments across all aspects of campaigns.
- Analytical rigor; proven effectiveness at delivering against KPI’s; experience data-driven metrics to manage and measure business impact.
- Relentless focus on improvement; experience optimizing customer loyalty and engagement communications via variety of rigorous testing methods.
- Adept at managing cross-functional projects and teams.
- Passionate about understanding small businesses and supporting their success.