Director of Credit Operations
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Finance
- Location Arlington, VA
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
What we offer you:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced environment with some really cool and brilliant people
- Be on a motivated team that gets a lot done
- An open minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic technologists.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching program, flex spending plan and life insurance.
- Smart colleagues who you can learn from.
- Paid/flexible vacations and holidays.
- If you’re sick just stay home and feel better.
- Quarterly outings with the entire office!
- Happy hour every Wednesday.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.
The Credit Operations department specializes in judgmental review of applications submitted to OnDeck and the overall operationalization of OnDeck’s credit policy and guidelines.
As Director of Credit Operations at OnDeck, you will:
- Serve as the company’s subject matter expert regarding commercial lending, act as an inspiring leader in regards to credit risk management, and act as the ultimate decision maker regarding credit outcomes in operations.
- Work cross functionally with internal partners to develop technological solutions to drive efficiency, correct deficiencies, and build greater consistency in credit outcomes.
- Significant experience in analyzing loan application data including financial statements, bank statements, credit card statements, and business and personal credit reports across a wide array of industries, geographic areas, and regulatory environments.
- Develop highly skilled staff with emphasis on quality, customer service, and retention through ongoing mentoring and training sessions
- Develop and implement short and long term goals and objectives, working with other partners as required.
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or related discipline. MBA a plus.
- 10-15 years of commercial lending, credit, or underwriting experience including executive duties with ALLL, ALCO, credit committee, and policy formation.
- 5-7 years of people management experience
- Expert on matters of credit in a commercial lending environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and intuitive investigative skills
- Working knowledge of regression testing and other statistical modeling methodologies.
- Adept at developing and analyzing reporting to inform business decisions
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business financial statements
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, or schedule form.
- Strong independent decision making capabilities