Director of Credit Operations
- Experience 10+ Years
- Category Operations
- Location Arlington, VA
The Credit Operations department specializes in judgmental review of applications submitted to OnDeck and the overall operationalization of OnDeck’s credit policy and guidelines.
- Serve as the company’s subject matter expert regarding commercial lending, act as an inspiring leader in regards to credit risk management, and act as the ultimate decision maker regarding credit outcomes in operations.
- Work cross functionally with internal partners to develop technological solutions to drive efficiency, correct deficiencies, and build greater consistency in credit outcomes.
- Significant experience in analyzing loan application data including financial statements, bank statements, credit card statements, and business and personal credit reports across a wide array of industries, geographic areas, and regulatory environments.
- Develop highly skilled staff with emphasis on quality, customer service, and retention through ongoing mentoring and training sessions
- Develop and implement short and long term goals and objectives, working with other partnersas required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or related discipline. MBA a plus.
- 10-15 years of commercial lending, credit, or underwriting experience including executive duties with ALLL, ALCO, credit committee, and policy formation.
- 5-7 years of people management experience
- Expert on matters of credit in a commercial lending environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and intuitive investigative skills
- Working knowledge of regression testing and other statistical modeling methodologies.
- Adept at developing and analyzing reporting to inform business decisions
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business financial statements
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, or schedule form.
- Strong independent decision making capabilities