Director of Customer Management
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Analytics
- Location New York, NY
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
This position will be part of the Credit Analytics team at OnDeck, which is responsible for the development of the OnDeck Score, our proprietary credit risk scorecard, as well as a suite of underwriting algorithms that help OnDeck efficiently allocate capital to its Small Business customers. The team is at the center of company-wide initiatives to deliver sustainable growth and support prudent risk management.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
As the Director of Customer Management for Credit, your responsibilities be to:
- Lead a team of data scientists in developing credit policies that increase revenue and manage credit risk across OnDeck’s existing customer base.
- Ensure that OnDeck develops adequate policies with respect to Credit Line Changes, Periodic Account Reviews, Product Cross-Sell Marketing, and Risk Based Pricing
- Apply a consistent risk/reward framework when evaluating proposed policy changes based on recommendations from statistical modeling & domain experts.
- Communicate the impact of policy changes to key stakeholders by forecasting their impact on KPIs
- Develop and grow new products for OnDeck that help us serve businesses through their lifecycle
- Work with Statistical Modeling teams to evaluate potential data sources and determine acceptance criteria for credit risk scorecards, forecasting models, and policy optimization frameworks for existing customers
- Work with the data services team to determine acceptance criteria for a best-in-class automated customer management platforms that routinely update credit exposure and portfolio pricing based on a well-defined risk/reward framework
- Ensure that customer management policies deliver a consistent customer experience while also meeting all standards set by OnDeck’s Risk, Compliance, and Finance teams
Qualifications for success:
- 8+ years in a comparable role managing revolving credit portfolios, either at a large scale commercial lender or a consumer/SMB credit card company
- Experience managing several projects at once across functional teams of analysts and data scientists
- Previous People Management experience a strong plus.
- Strong background in financial modeling, portfolio monitoring, and analytics
- Experience with model development, feature engineering, and analyzing time series data
- In-depth knowledge of credit fundamentals (Debt Service, Cash Flow Analysis, Risk Scorecards, etc.)
- Very strong communications and influence skills