Director, Product Management
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Product
- Location New York, NY
Do you want to develop the future customer experience at OnDeck? Can you evangelize that vision across Management and Product teams? Are you able to make that vision a reality by working with product leaders? Keep Reading…
What’s in it for you? This role presents a strategic ownership opportunity within the Product Management team. This individual will inspire, challenge and energize OnDeck around the direction he/she creates and defines by working cross functionally within the organization. He/she will be able to influence our business decisions and how we move the business forward. As an FYI, the role reports to the VP of Product Management and will manage two or three product leaders.
Here’s how we broke it down but we know things change:
Strategy and Product Management
- Can articulate a vision and share a strategy of where the competitive space is going and how our customers and non-customers are changing over time.
- Develop and continually iterate on a long term strategy across multiple interacting products/missions.
- Effectively communicate overall project portfolio status to the OnDeck Management Team, Product Team and cross-functional partners.
- Manage company-level project reprioritization processes.
- Oversee product team project delivery, reconciling conflicts and priorities across teams.
- Liaise and navigate between Product Team strategies to develop a broader team strategy that is best for our customers and OnDeck.
- Teach/coach/mentor across the broader Product Team to build and execute on the team’s strategy goals.
Relationship & Team Building
- Acts as a role model of OnDeck values (Passion, Impact, Openness, Ingenuity) and is accountable for the Product team culture and shared practices.
- Looks out for team members and contributes to growth beyond direct reports.
- Can effectively tailor communication to specific audiences and manages communication to the broader Product team.
- Is a valuable contributor outside of Product Management.
- Displays strong interpersonal skills and is capable of building relationships, is a good listener with outstanding influencing qualities and a natural consultative style.
- Builds positive relationships with others to gain buy-in and achieve business results.
- Use both knowledge of team needs and relationships with leadership to define and implement processes that work for both teams and management.
- In touch with industry best practices; continually using them to inform OnDeck’s agile process.
- Continuously improves OnDeck’s agile practices throughout the organization.
Your attributes include:
- Excellent people leadership supporting the development of others, problem solving and project management skills.
- In-depth knowledge and experience within Product Management.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong, productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Ability to influence people at multiple levels.
- Is results focused using data and insights to make decisions.
- Always keeps the customer – both internal and external – at the center.
- Acts ethically and with integrity, representing the brand in every interaction.
- Acts as one team with one mission for the organization’s success; puts we before me.
- Strong knowledge of the financial industry and software/systems.
- 5-10 years of Product and people management experience in the financial technology or analytical space and experience in Product Management from ideation through launch.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, business, finance or related field.