- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Design
- Location New York, NY
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
The Graphic Designer is an integral part of the OnDeck Product Design Team, responsible for creating on-brand marketing and product materials and experiences.
You’ll design both print and web (responsive) assets and know the requirements for best practices in each. You’ll collaborate with designers, marketing leads, and cross-functional teams.
- Develop marketing materials for product launches and campaigns
- Create compelling visual assets that are on-brand and meet marketing / product objectives.Experience with the full range of marketing graphic design needs, including Infographics, print collateral, conference signage, digital advertising and web graphics.
- Translate copy into effective design by applying a robust understanding of communication hierarchy and marketing / product objectives
- Further develop and maintain the brand aesthetic across multiple channels and platforms
- Participate in the creative brainstorming process with the team
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across OnDeck, including Marketing, Technology, Product, Sales, People Ops.
- Excellent understanding of graphic design, layout and typography
- Exceptionally detail oriented and able to create pixel-perfect design files
- Image retouching abilities are a bonus
- Ability to integrate feedback in order to meet internal objectives
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong conceptual skills with intuitive knowledge of how various creative disciplines are interrelated
- Reliably meet deadlines and work quickly
- Work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Bachelor’s degree (Graphic Design, Communication Design, Advertising, Fine Art, or similar degree preferred) or equivalent experience with demonstrated proficiency
- No work history / experience necessary, but 2+ years work experience preferred
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, including expert utilization of Photoshop / InDesign / Illustrator
- Sketch knowledge a plus
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, Adobe Create Suite (Axure a plus)
- Understand the cycles of an in-house designer
- Comfortable working in the Agile methodology and how Design fits into that practice
- Listen well and have excellent speaking and writing skills and can articulate your decision and design process
- You are respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace
- Can estimate work, commit and deliver on deadlines and are vocal when risk arise
- You have a design aesthetic. Your documents are simple, informative and filled with value
- Curiosity that drives you to look at the world as a solution instead of just existing patterns and mental models