QA Automation Engineer
- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Engineering
- Location New York, NY
At on Deck Capital, you will:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Build features quickly and without any red tape
- Be able to drive which technologies are used and which software development practices are followed
- Work in a fun, dynamic environment with some really cool and brilliant people
- Be on a motivated team that gets a lot done
As part of the QA Team, you will:
- Implement end-to-end test automation in a test automation framework written in Python.
- Design and develop new features to support new products and existing needs.
- Be an advocate for software quality and test automation in technology and with our business partners.
- Evaluate and test software programs to verify our web and back-end applications function according to user requirements; perform regression testing
- Interact with the user communities of our software to monitor and investigate defects and communicate further software improvement needs to our software developers and engineers
- Perform quality assurance throughout the entire software development lifecycle, as well as formanaging iterations to ensure they stay on track
- Work with a talented and friendly group of software developers, product managers and quality assurance engineers
- You are passionate about improving software quality, find inspiration in ground breakingtechnology, and enjoy working in a start-up environment.
- You are excited about learning our systems, asking a lot of questions, as well as exploring technical issues on your own to devise tests.
- You have 3 – 5 years in a Quality Assurance role, preferably in an enterprise-focused or start-up environment, as well as recent experience with test automation experience.
- You are able to demonstrate technical skills in your current position including:
- Programming (Python a plus!)
- Relational database queries (Postgres a plus!)
- Linux and shell scripting
- You can demonstrate experience building and maintaining an end-to-end test automation suite. We’re looking for people with experience automating front (e.g. Selenium) and back end (e.g. data validity, REST APIs, jobs) systems and behavior-driven development frameworks (e.g. Cucumber or Robot Framework).