Renewal Sales Director
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Sales
- Location New York, NY
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck is scouting for a dynamic Sales Director, for our Renewal Sales group. You will report directly to the Vice President of Customer Management and will be responsible for managing and leading the day to day revenue/sales activities for all locations - NYC, Denver, and Arlington, VA. This sales leader is passionate about developing individuals and teams, coaching, identifying, and removing obstacles, in pursuit of exceeding sales targets, while ensuring high customer satisfaction.
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
In this role, you will:
- Achieve or exceed monthly renewal targets and provide senior management with an accurate forecast and risk analysis of all assigned accounts under renewal sales management.
- Work closely with sales leadership and people operations to establish a sales force training plan.
- Develop talented and enthusiastic front line managers into great leaders.
- Design sales compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Coordinate sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes for your team. Actively monitor and aim to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts.
- Find opportunities for sales process improvement. Team up with Renewals Sales leadership to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assist sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitate an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Implement change for sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity. Lead a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership team, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommend revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Build peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
- Provide strong goal-oriented leadership and participate in recruiting, mentoring, discipline and training activities
- This position will require 25% travel.
Qualifications for success:
- You have a minimum of five years of experience managing managers of inside sales teams with a complete understanding of customer satisfaction.
- You have a track record of helping team members develop into next generation leaders.
- Experience working cross-functionally and with sales and marketing leadership, and channel partners.
- Passion for solutions based sales.
- Technology proficient with a love of training others (CRM, Excel, LinkedIn, Sales Automation Tools).
- Ability to track critical sales metrics to get results. Ability to effectively negotiate in both challenging and collaborative sales engagements.
- Ability to excel in a high-energy, monthly-results driven sales culture.
- Proven experience improving organizational processes
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with the confidence to oversee and manage salesforce.com renewal forecast.
- True passion for growing teams and building relationships.
- Strong customer management skills.