Renewals Sales Agent
- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Sales
- Location New York, NY
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We're passionate our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about collaboration, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
We believe in treating business owners like people not quotas. On our team, our work matters. We are providing solutions to our business owners that allow them to focus on running their business. Our team takes great pride in educating our merchants on the best lending options for their business, not ours. A sale is great but a return customer is even better, we are committed to earning business that lasts a lifetime.
OnDeck is scouting for a dynamic Sales Director, for our Renewal Sales group. You will report directly to the Vice President of Customer Management and will be responsible for managing and leading the day to day revenue/sales activities for all locations - NYC, Denver, and Arlington, VA. This sales leader is passionate about developing individuals and teams, coaching, identifying, and removing obstacles, in pursuit of exceeding sales targets, while ensuring high customer satisfaction.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
As part of the Direct Sales team, you will:
- Develop new business consistently at or above your quota level by calling a significant number of potential merchants each day.
- Follow up on all of your leads and maintain a very active pipeline daily
- Understand and apply proven concepts of deal structure and strategy
- Persistently dial the phone and initiate new relationships
- Bring your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance our company's thoughtful inspiring culture and vision for the future
- Serve as an enthusiast for OnDeck's suite of products and financial tools
- Have a substantial impact on the company's future as you and On Deck grow our business, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with some really cool and brilliant people
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelor’s degree 0-5 years of experience in a sales-driven environment
- You have tons of energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
- Your personality is engaging - powerful work ethic, resilience, and emotional intelligence
- You focus on your goals and a have a great desire to succeed
- You share a passion to advance the vision of the department
- You are coachable and can follow a proven process
- You have the ability to exercise your own discernment and discretion while working independently
- You have a dynamic personality with superior communications skills
- You are excited about growing an exciting career in sales with a proven track record
- You have the ability to collaborate with a team and also work independently