Senior Analyst - FP&A
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Finance
- Location New York, NY
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
The Financial Planning & Analysis team wears many hats – as analysts, strategists, and internal consultants. Whether it’s providing forward-looking analysis to support business decisions, managing the financial needs of an innovation-focused organization, or partnering across the company to get results, our passion is providing the analytical horsepower to support OnDeck’s rapid growth and path to profitability.
As part of the Finance team, you will:
- Own the company’s long-term financial model, ensuring it reflects company goals and reasonable operational metrics. Challenge key assumptions and inputs from departments across the company to ensure projections are as accurate as possible
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives and determine return on investment for new products/market strategies and business development opportunities
- Report on and conduct regular reviews of key financial and non-financial metrics. Develop deep insights from performing analytics on the data
- Assist in performing the variance analysis of actuals to forecast/budget
- Assist in preparing materials for the CFO, including board decks, investor materials and other executive updates
- You have 3+ years experience in financial services, investment banking, investment research, private equity, or hedge funds
- You have highly advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Tableau and database/data warehouse skills desirable
- You have strong leadership skills
- You maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision and are highly organized
- You are articulate and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have the ability to think creatively, are highly driven and self-motivated
- You have demonstrated the ability to roll-up your sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- Bachelor degree required