Senior Manager, Customer Retention Marketing
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Marketing
- Location New York, NY
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our team members and power their growth through challenging them every day and offering inspiring careers. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
The Marketing team’s goal is to position OnDeck as the most trusted brand and preferred provider in small business lending. We take a data-driven, strategic approach to new customer acquisition, public relations, marketing communications, customer loyalty and brand marketing – all while making sure that customer advocacy is our most important touchstone. Our team focuses on results - and we value a fun and collaborative team environment.
This Customer Retention Marketing leader will develop our customer management strategies across all phases of the OnDeck lifecycle. Goals include increasing retention, product utilization and customer engagement with account management tools to increase lifetime value.
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Inc 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
As Senior Manager, Customer Retention Marketing, you will:
- Develop, champion and launch cross-channel Customer Engagement & Retention Strategies across key journeys and touchpoints.
- Execute and track initiatives with clear success metrics to improve customer retention and product utilization, driving customer value for the Company.
- Create targeted, brand-driven content for key customer segments and deliver across appropriate communication channels (often working through cross-functional teams) for a cohesive experience.
- Think holistically about coordinating and optimizing messaging across all channels, including online customer account, sales agent communications, mobile app messaging, etc. as well as email and direct mail. Develop different treatments for different customer segments.
- Partner with Voice of Customer Manager and customer-facing teams to understand customer friction points and resolve through better communications.
- Champion and drive cross-functional initiatives to develop, execute and measure new customer campaigns, partnering with Marketing, Product and Technology to define and launch relevant communications across digital platforms.
- Establish success metrics for tracking performance and achieving desired segment- and stage-specific goals.
Qualifications of success:
- 6+ years in a customer retention/loyalty marketing role, developing segment strategies and campaigns to increase customer retention and value.
- Demonstrated success influencing organizations and driving cross-functional initiatives to completion.
- Skilled content developer; experience developing copy and creative treatments across all aspects of sales- and engagement-driving campaigns.
- Analytical rigor; proven effectiveness at delivering against KPI’s; experience data-driven metrics to manage and measure business impact.
- Relentless focus on improvement; experience optimizing customer loyalty and engagement communications via variety of rigorous testing methods.
- Adept at managing cross-functional projects and teams.
- Passionate about understanding small businesses needs and supporting their success.