Senior Software Engineer- Core Team
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Engineering
- Location New York, NY
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building cutting edge systems to provide a world-class user experience to our customers and partners, aggregate mountains of data to make real-time lending decisions, and of course move lots of money every day. We have an emphasis on scalability, reliability and accuracy.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Work on critical systems handling financial data and money movement.
- Automate the business flows with appropriate checks, audits and validations, which require manual interventions.
- Design and develop scalable APIs for loan servicing operations.
- Build batch applications and reports for loan processing.
- Work with every domain within the business, understanding their needs and objectives and helping them optimize their approach to getting their job done
- Apply principles of Agile development and extreme programming practices (e.g. Continuous Integration, Unit Testing)
Qualifications for success:
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technological focus
- You have 5+ years of experience developing Java applications
- You are passionate about technology and have a craftsman mindset toward building software
- You enjoy building new functionality while transforming the code base with innovative techniques
- You have experience designing flexible and reusable software & APIs
- You have prior experience with testing frameworks (e.g. Mockito, EasyMock), RDBMS, SQL, Spring, ORM frameworks, scripting languages
- You have familiarity with the following technologies is a big plus: Guice, MyBatis, PostgresSQL, json/XML, gradle
- Experience with payment systems and financial industry, a plus
- You are comfortable working in an Agile development environment
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are a great teammate