Senior Software Engineer, Global Partnerships
- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Engineering
- Location New York, NY
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building cutting edge systems to provide a world-class user experience to our customers and partners, aggregate mountains of data to make real-time lending decisions, and of course move lots of money every day. We have an emphasis on scalability, reliability and accuracy.
What we offer you:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with some really cool and brilliant people
- Be on a motivated team that gets a lot done
- An open minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic technologists
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching program, flex spending plan and life insurance
- Smart colleagues who you can learn from
- Paid/flexible vacations and holidays
- If you’re sick just stay home and feel better
- Summer & Holiday events with the entire office
- Happy hour every Wednesday
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will build:
- Web applications that offer slick and innovative user experiences for interacting with OnDeck’s products.
- APIs and services that support our small business lending platform.
- Integrations with partners that offer OnDeck solutions as a service.
Qualifications for success:
- You have experience designing flexible & reusable software & APIs.
- Familiarity several of the following specific technologies is a big plus: Spring framework IoC/Data/Web/Boot Spring Boot, Jersey framework, Hibernate, Ruby/RoR, MongoDB, Postgres, Maven, Gradle.
- You understand and use design patterns in your work.
- You are passionate about technology and have a craftsman mindset toward building software.
- You want to make an impact and enjoy building new business functionality while transforming code base with innovative techniques.
- You are comfortable working in an Agile development environment.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are a team-player.