- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Finance
- Location New York, NY
OnDeck Capital is seeking a Transaction Manager to join the Finance Team at our headquarters office in New York. Our Transaction Manager will manage our debt facility deals and ensure accurate financial and accounting data is maintained and reported.
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our team members and power their growth through challenging them every day and offering inspiring careers. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
As a Transaction Manager at OnDeck, you will:
- Work closely with our debt facility Lenders and loan purchasers in managing OnDeck’s loan sales
- Create Borrowing Bases, portfolio performance reporting, and servicer reporting
- Support the Capital Markets team in preparing marketing materials and investor requests
- Coordinate with OnDeck Risk, Analytics, FP&A, and Product teams on execution of capital markets strategy
- Assist in managing vendor relationships in relation to funding facilities and loan sales
Necessary qualifications for success:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a finance field
- You have internship experience in the financial services industry related to operations and/or financial analysis, or a maximum of 2 years of Transaction Management experience in the financial services industry
- You have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- You are a good communicator who can articulate results and information
- You have intermediate-to-advanced Excel skills including V-lookup and Pivot Tables
- You possess outstanding client service skills
- You have excellent project management skills
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Tableau experience
- Salesforce experience