Otsuka Digital Health, Inc’s Patient Experience Division is designed to deliver on patient, caregiver and HCP needs in an evolving healthcare environment. The patient support model is built around where patients get their care—locally, with the intent to better serve patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers, delivering a higher quality experience that ultimately is focused on improving patient care.
The Patient Experience Liaison (PEL) will report into Patient Experience, and coordinates with the Ecosystem Leads, Health System Associates (HSAs) and Clinical Science Liaisons (CSLs) for their assigned Ecosystems. The PEL will interact with patients and caregivers, supporting new therapy starts, adherence, care coordination, journey support, local advocacy, and reimbursement support. The PEL will also interact with Health Care Providers (HCPs) and their office staff. They will also collaborate with the ecosystem team on non-promotional business planning.
The PEL will make significant contributions to process and outcomes within their assigned ecosystem.
The PEL will report to the Regional Patient Lead (RPL).
1. Interact with sites of care to support appropriate patient access to prescribed Otsuka products Address emergent medication access issues through consultative support
2. Collaborate with Otsuka Matrix Team members to understand patient support needs, examine potential medication coverage and access solutions, and follow up on case progress and resolution
3. Educate providers and staff on local access, coverage, approval processes, potential cost concerns, availability expectations, and transition of care options.
4. Educate sites of care about medication access topics, such as Medication Coverage and Access, Local Payer Requirements, Prior Authorization Requirements, Transition of Care options, and Otsuka Patient Support Resources.
5. Collaborate with ecosystem team on non-promotional business planning activities.
6. Ensure all field patient education activities are compliant with all applicable laws, regulations and guidance with ODH policy and procedures.
7. Act as a role model for Otsuka and the Patient Engagement & Customer Operations division.
Demonstrated experience and ability in the following areas:
1. Ensures Accountability while Managing complexity and ambiguity
2. Territory Management & Planning
Orientation toward action
Planning and alignment
• Capacity to understand and communicate about insurance coverage, medication benefit verification,
prior authorization, and the process of treatment access across sites of care
• Capacity to understand and communicate about treatment access issues form a patient
and provider perspective, with an ability to effectively interact and navigate within various sites of care
(Physician office, hospital, pharmacy)
• Foundational understanding of industry legal, regulatory, and compliance landscape
• Strong collaboration and communication skills both written and verbal
• 1+ years of experience in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech or healthcare field
• Previous experience with SPs, copay card programs, insurance plans, payer access steps (PA, appeal, peer – peer)
• Foundational knowledge of patient support programs, billing and medical claims process and personnel in various
healthcare settings including, but not limited to, community health centers, hospitals, physician offices and
• Capacity to understand and communicate about insurance coverage, medication benefit verification, prior
authorization, and the process of treatment access across sites of care
• Capacity to understand and communicate about medication access issues from a patient and provider
perspective, with an ability to effectively interact and navigate within various sites of care (physician office,
hospital, pharmacy, etc.)
• Foundational understanding of industry legal, regulatory, and compliance landscape
• Strong collaboration and communication skills, both verbal and written
Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree.
Licensed Healthcare Professional with a valid clinical license is required for Patient Experience Liaison roles in our Nephrology Division. A clinical licensure is defined as a Clinical Nursing Degree (RN minimum) or Pharmacist (Pharm D. minimum).
For the Miami Territory PEL role both Spanish speaking and previous experience covering Puerto Rico are preferred. Travel, including overnight travel required – role includes coverage of Puerto Rico
Annual Salary :
Minimum $110,876.00 - Maximum $158,620.00, plus annual incentive: The range shown represents a typical pay range or starting salary for candidates hired to perform the work. Other elements may be used to determine actual salary such as the candidate’s job experience, specific skills, and comparison to internal incumbents currently in role. This information is provided to applicants in accordance with states and local laws.
Company benefits: comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, company provided Basic Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) match, PTO allotment each calendar year, paid holidays, and paid leave programs as well as other company provided benefits.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, national origin, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation, if you are unable or limited in your ability to apply to this job opening as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Accommodation Request.
Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka’s call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
At our core is perseverance, a fierce determination to overcome any obstacle regardless of setbacks, on behalf of patients and their loved ones. We place greater value on what we can achieve together than on what we can do alone because the needs of those we serve always come first. We will not be bound by doing what’s been done before. Instead, we free ourselves from preconceived notions to discover solutions that advance patient care. Our mission is clear: Otsuka-people, creating new products for better health worldwide.