Principal Cloud Engineer
Principal Software Engineer Is are members of our product teams, responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features. Working side-by-side with Product Owners, Software Test Engineers, and Business Stakeholders, they are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, integration testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys and upgrades.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Engineering is the function that applies principles and techniques of engineering, mathematics, and computer/data science to the design, development, and testing of applications. The Product & Technology engineering family consists of software development, testing, database, devops, virtualization & network.
· Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
· An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
· Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
· Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
· Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
· Excited to work on cutting-edge technology
· Demonstrate a high level of depth in a particular domain
· Take on a leading role in discovery, design and implementation for major systems that involve cross-team dependencies
· Routinely and consistently push the team forward through design, complex problems, and ultimately delivering value to our clients
· Evangelize and gain team alignment with organization-wide technical strategies and best practices
· Work in systems that have significant consequences of failure, a high degree of ambiguity, or to a standard of quality well exceeding that of the current system
· Make technology choices for components needed as part of an existing larger architecture or framework.
· Solicit and provide feedback via decision-making frameworks from across the organization asking probing, insightful questions and raising awareness of any unintended impact or dependencies within their area of expertise.
· Own the overall health and engineering quality of a domain
· Be a technical subject matter expert for a domain
· Initiate and lead cross-team collaboration
At Paylocity, we deliver more than our awesome product suite with crazy good reviews. We prioritize your success by covering you with a deep support system to back up our easy-to-use, innovative solutions. Providers will merely sell you a product. But a partner actually cares about you and your business. A partner takes the time to get to know you and understand your ...