Many companies offer payroll and human capital management (HCM) solutions, but Paylocity takes technology to the next level. We’ve evolved beyond HCM to a next-generation employee experience platform. With uniquely designed solutions to help companies engage employees, we’ve changed how and where work gets done and created a personalized work environment. Join Paylocity as we continue to transform the future of technology!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it’s career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Help Paylocity enhance communication and enable employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere with a position in Product & Technology!
Want to develop the strategies and principles needed to deliver compelling software? Join our team and help us enhance our all-in-one software platform, elevate our one-of-a-kind technology, and improve the employee experience.
Take your career to the next level at one of G2's Top 100 Software Companies. Explore our Product & Technology positions to see where you fit!
We are recruiting for a Principal Engineer to join our Payroll Compliance team. With a focus on architecture, you will be responsible for defining and driving technical direction of our products with a strong focus on leveraging cloud technologies. This includes working with our core technical teams to establish and evangelize standards and practices, working with engineering managers, directors, and other leaders to socialize and solidify technical strategy, coaching and mentoring more junior, but very talented, Software Engineers and contributing working code to our solutions. Your passion for scalable, performant, and maintainable systems will shine through in your areas of direct influence, as well as throughout all of Paylocity’s products as you guide and influence those around the organization.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
· Enthusiastic about design, development, and architecture for the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
· A leader in continuous improvement of our development process
· Interested in staying current with technology and willing to evangelize in order to realize your technical vision
· Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
· Able to take the lead on multiple initiatives across a product category and collaborate on tasks to ship with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from team members
· Excited to work on cutting-edge technology, test automation and DevOps practices!
· Desires to be a “Player/Coach” in all aspects of the process
During the first six months, you will:
· Design, develop and contribute to some of the most important functionality happening in the product category
· Work with teams on standards or frameworks and evangelize their use across the organization.
· Work closely with DevOps, DBAs and SysAdmin to make deployments easier to improve team velocity and overall quality of delivery.
· Partner with a collection of Software Engineers and Development Leads to ensure everyone moving forward in the same direction.
· Continued individual learning to stay abreast of emerging trends in technology
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math or related discipline and/or equivalent experience
· 10+ years of experience in designing and developing large-scale enterprise level applications, including hands-on experience with web applications
· Served in a lead or architect capacity within a large-scale product organization.
· Demonstrated understanding of layered Architecture
· Proven experience of API development practices and how that relates to a service-oriented architecture and/or microservices.
· Strong knowledge of AWS product offerings and how to leverage the cloud for scalability and performance.
· Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design proficiency in multiple .NET Frameworks including .NET Core
· Proficiency in C#, ASP .NET, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server
· Understanding of common design patterns
· Knowledge of Web Development industry standards and best practices
· Strong knowledge of security (risks and threats, authentication, authorization, certificates, encryption)
· Experience with automated unit testing patterns and tools (preferred)
· Experience with preprocessors such as SCSS and LESS (preferred)
· Familiarity with different CSS methodologies such as OOCSS, BEM, SMACSS (preferred)
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $118,945-218,382 /yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
At Paylocity, we deliver more than our awesome product suite with crazy good reviews. We prioritize your success by covering you with a deep support system to back up our easy-to-use, innovative solutions. Providers will merely sell you a product. But a partner actually cares about you and your business. A partner takes the time to get to know you and understand your ...