Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it’s career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Help Paylocity enhance communication and enable employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere with a position in Product & Technology!
Want to develop the strategies and principles needed to deliver compelling software? Join our team and help us enhance our all-in-one software platform, elevate our one-of-a-kind technology, and improve the employee experience.
Take your career to the next level at one of G2's Top 100 Software Companies. Explore our Product & Technology positions to see where you fit!
Staff Software Engineer
We are hiring a Staff Software Engineer to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team. As a Staff Engineer, you will be leading the effort to continuously improve and enhance the Marketplace platform, designing solutions for scale and optimized user
experience, partnering with the tech platform and operations teams to document the technical designs, hands-on develop integrations, and oversee the operational processes encompassing SDLC, Agile, release management, and CI/CD.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Engineering is the function that applies principles and techniques of engineering, mathematics, and computer/data science to the design, development, and testing of applications. The Product & Technology engineering family consists of software development, testing, database, devops, virtualization & network.
· Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
· An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process and shortening cycle times for software releases
· Passionate about ensuring the team has a high level of confidence and clarity when designing and building solutions
· Lifelong learner with boundless curiosity about current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly
· Enables team to make the right choices, in alignment with our technology direction, to promote scalable and secure solutions
· Focuses on the high-level goals and design of a project or direction and how it aligns to the overall vision
· Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas with team members and to reach out to other teams and the Tech Practice to help pressure-test ideas
· Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
· Nimble and responsive to the needs of team
· Dream big, start small mindset
· Excited to work on cutting-edge technology
· Passionate about mentoring and coaching developers
· Set the strategic technical direction for the product team
· Work closely with the Tech Practice to drive, influence and evangelize the overall technical direction (including architectural vision, strategy, principles) for the organization within the team
· Participate in various forums to evolve and push our technical vision
· Work closely with the Tech Practice, developers, PTLs, SMEs, QA Engineers, Product Owners, Business Owners and product stakeholders to drive outcomes
· Direct technical governance of a product team
· Evangelize and operationalize a standard or framework for use within the team
· Contribute to a shared codebase
· Work w/ Tech practice on proofs of concept and experiments based on team’s needs
· Work closely across specialties to make deployments easier to improve team velocity and overall quality of delivery
· Manage risks, escalated priorities and drove resolution of issues that could impact production quality
· Assist, measure, monitor and work to drive down incident levels by suggesting better methods of working
· Implement next generation technologies in their team
· Elevate team members and act as a force multiplier within the team
· Mentor, coach and empower technical team members while still taking a very active role in developing complex technical solutions
· Strengthen our technical acumen as an organization by sharing knowledge and interests with other Dev Leads and the Tech Practice
· Interview new hires and assess the technical expertise of team members
· Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering, technology related field or equivalent experience
· Must have 3-5 years of AWS experience
· Must be advanced in object-oriented design and development and unit-testing, Web Services, API development, and web pages using ASP.NET and/or ASP.NET MVC with C#
· Should be well-versed with Enterprise Architecture and developer tools
· Comprehensive understanding of how to leverage APM tools to ensure mission-critical applications are running optimally
· Proven experience in mentoring, coaching, performing code reviews and fostering a learning environment
· Broad set of technical skills with demonstrated learning agility and intellectual curiosity
· Must be able to work effectively in an agile environment
· Well versed in Software architecture patterns and techniques
· Has a proven track record in solving architectural problems
· Able to work on off-hours and weekends as the need arise
EEO and accessibility Statement
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $93k - $190k/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.
At Paylocity, we deliver more than our awesome product suite with crazy good reviews. We prioritize your success by covering you with a deep support system to back up our easy-to-use, innovative solutions. Providers will merely sell you a product. But a partner actually cares about you and your business. A partner takes the time to get to know you and understand your ...