Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it’s career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
When you feel like you belong, work is no longer work – it's personal. At Paylocity, we believe better employees lead to better companies. Workplaces and cultures that care will build the future, and at Paylocity, we’re doing just that. Join us as we change the future and transform your career!
There are jobs and then there are careers. Since 1997, Paylocity has been hiring talented people, giving them big challenges, and providing the right resources to help them succeed. Our award-winning culture ensures all employees feel truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves. While other companies talk about it, we make it happen. Join Paylocity and launch your career!
The Team Lead, Accounts Payable (internally titled Lead Accounting Operations) will be a key member of a growing team and will oversee accounts payable and corporate accounting related activities, corporate initiatives, and a team of accounts payable specialist/analysts. Additionally, this role will help drive projects including major process improvement initiatives and implementation of any new systems/integrations with a key focus on automation and scaling.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Schedule: Hybrid - In Office 2 days/week
Reports To: Manager, Accounting Operations
• Lead a team of 3 specialists/analysts, including coaching, mentoring, career development, and ongoing training to ensure appropriate balancing of skills, expertise, and workload.
• Lead Accounting Operations Accounts Payable team through process transformation and special projects
• Reviewing transactions and contracts for appropriate accounting treatment.
• Reviewing invoices, liaising between vendors and the organization, handling wire transfers, overseeing purchase orders, preparing, and reviewing monthly accruals.
•Reviewing account reconciliations and ensure completeness and accuracy.
•Work cross-functionally, with sales, implementation, accounting/finance groups to prepare and execute against corporate initiatives.
• Drive a continuous improvement mindset through identifying automation opportunities, process improvements or improved reporting capabilities to support decision making across the organization.
• Ensure compliance with all SOX/regulatory controls.
• Build processes and audits to ensure accurate and complete filings.
• Build a team to support growing scale of client base.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Experience :
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3+years of experience in accounting or A/P related work (Big 4 and/or corporate experience desired)
• Previous work experience in general accounting duties/account reconciliations/accounts payable/SOX control environment
• Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Preferred Skills :
• Prior experience managing teams/personnel preferred
Soft Skills :
• Ability to take full ownership of assignments, be self-motivated and team player.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Detail orientation is key.
• Ability to work under pressure of time constraints and be customer service focused.
EEO and accessibility Statement
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]_._
At Paylocity, we deliver more than our awesome product suite with crazy good reviews. We prioritize your success by covering you with a deep support system to back up our easy-to-use, innovative solutions. Providers will merely sell you a product. But a partner actually cares about you and your business. A partner takes the time to get to know you and understand your ...