This role requires a leader with strong proven business insight, a track record of success and the ability to lead, build consensus, drive transformation, and grow the business. Role will support all ADUSA banners in assigned vertical in a multi-state operation with +2,000 stores.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
Private Brands growth
- Leads and is responsible for the Private Brands Management team at assigned Vertical to deliver the Private Brands business performance and to ensure that brand integrity is upheld.
- Represents assigned Vertical in regular top-to-top meetings with suppliers to develop scorecards, performance metrics, long range plans, and collaborative opportunities
- Collaborates with internal collaborators to build strategic supplier relationships focused on short and long term product development pipeline (new and renovation).
- Accountable to monitor/oversee and influence all aspects related to Private Brands at assigned verticals, including product quality, product specification overall and financial performance, assortment and portfolio mix, value positioning and shelf placement.
- Responsible for collaborating with all ADUSA brand leadership and their teams to develop, align, prioritize and complete PB business plans and targets including aligned upon targets.
Private Brands strategy
- Development of PB Vertical business plans across all ADUSA banners which are consistent with the company’s overall goals and strategies
- Collaborates with Brand Management to create the marketing message (content) to support the sustained growth of the family of Private Brands products (including sales, penetration, profits, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Leads product development and innovation across the portfolio of Private Brands - Actively seeks product improvements, programs, and initiatives that will reduce operating costs, increase product performance, and increase sustainability
Private Brands Plan Execution and Supply Chain/Supplier Services
- Monitors and develops action plans based on portfolio business performance
- Develops and presents formal deep dive category reviews, period scorecards, and portfolio plans to impact and influence the business and decisions making
- Maintains competitive surveillance and develops plans to maintain and/or gain competitive advantages
- Works with Supply Chain, Sourcing, Category and PB Suppliers to ensure in stock position on both turn and promotion inventory
- Leads PB supplier and brand transitions for flawless execution from an in stock position.
- Partners to resolve PB supplier issues related to supply chain, logistics, billing, costs, reclaim, etc.
Industry and market trends
- Analyzes and interprets consumer and industry trends and maintains competitive research.
- Partners with the Insights team to establish brand success metrics, review results regularly and develop business recommendations based on findings.
- Supports category annual planning by working with Brand Category Merchants to build awareness/understanding of how the brand strategy translates to individual categories and help the Private Brand Managers develop brand-building aspects of their plans.
- Influences collaborators at various levels by using internal and external data, research, and customer-centric insights to drive product development, assortment and sustainability initiatives.
Talent development and leadership
- Responsible for the development, talent planning, career guidance, and performance management of Private Brands associates
- Influences organizational alignment across multiple areas at assigned Vertical
- Demonstrates credibility to work with and through all levels of management
- Creates a positive work environment and has the ability to inspire and empower others
- Delivers intentional and authentic ongoing feedback
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- 8-10 years of related Category/Portfolio, Merchandising, Pricing, CPG experience
- 4+years of management experience
Extra Spices- What you should bring to the table
Category/Portfolio or brand management experience
Detailed knowledge of the key financial drivers
Mastery of Microsoft suite
Strong communication & presentation skills (verbal and written)
Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to interpret and react to syndicated data reports (https://e.g. IRI, PDL analytics, etc.)
Financial planning and budgeting experience.
Ability to influence and collaborate across multiple business areas and levels
In-depth knowledge of industry, suppliers and category/portfolio dynamics (sought after industry expert)
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! Our vision is to become an organization where humanity is universally embraced; Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are infused in our business; and our PDL employees are representative of the world and the communities that we serve.
We believe in total wellness, which encompasses a balance of physical, financial, and emotional wellness. No matter where you are on your personal wellness journey, PDL provides access to a variety of tools and resources to support total wellness. This includes medical, dental, and vision benefits, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) with a strong company match, paid parental leave, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, generous and flexible paid time off and holiday policy, and an array of voluntary benefits including critical care, pet insurance, and additional life coverage.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you require assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Department at https://Talent.Acquisition@https://peapoddigitallabs.com
Job Requisition: 342819_external_USA-PA-Carlisle_1162023