This role has responsibilities where PFNA projects require advancement in Enterprise Data Analytics Platform Capabilities and Solutions. You will be an innovative, curious data professional who helps the organization build more innovative enterprise capabilities in the Data Analytics space by executing efforts towards evaluations, POCs and Pilot for new and existing Technology stacks for the upcoming Enterprise use cases to strengthen the Data Analytics Platform to improve performance, functionality and cost of the Firm's Data Analytics solutions while adhering to enterprise standards. This role would be shepherding these projects through various IT processes such as Information Security reviews, engaging with Cloud Solution Architects to design / architect a solution, seeking approval for that architecture with the Cloud Architecture / Engineering group or Enterprise Architecture steering committee, bringing together application team members and the partner team members to assess what cloud services will be required, and what the plan would be for building those. In any cloud, there are various services that can be used to solve any business problem. The role is to help shift through the options and select the cloud services that are the most robust and cost effective for the business project at hand, without overengineering a solution and increasing its cost. In this role you will do - validation of Azure cost for the proposed implementation, confirmation of high availability for the solution, validation of disaster recovery requirements / pattern choice, testing of implementation and high availability and disaster recovery (if required), as well as various reviews with Information Security to ensure that PepsiCo data is secured properly, based on data classification. The candidate will focus on working with the various Product and Application Owners to review project needs and ensure to architect, design, implement, and test the requisite cloud services.
• This role serves as a technology SME for Data Analytics related Solution Architectures - supporting Azure Platform provisioning and transformation technologies, and implement performance optimization strategies - (Responsible, Accountable)
• Knowledge on Azure Network land scape is must.
• Able to work with senior leadership within Business and IT
• Manages all aspects of cloud project implementation including initiation, execution, and delivery.
• Manages multiple stakeholders across Engineering, Architecture, Operations, and Information Security.
• Engages with multiple vendor relationships in the context of a project.
• Review and assess implementation approach, potential risks, costs, etc.
• Provides support for budgets and ensures all relevant financial processes are being followed.
• Provides technical leadership and oversight to each cloud project.
• Define and follow the cloud policies and guardrails with emphasis on capturing the advantages of operating in the cloud for applications
• 8+ years of experience in Data Engineering and Cloud Solution Architecture
• 5+ years in Azure Solution Architecture
• 3+ Any database systems.
• Experience working in a multi-cloud environment with demonstrated experience leading cloud deployment projects (including cloud native development and migration)
• Experience working with Azure DevOps or similar tools for tracking, developing, deploying software
• Experience operating complex multi-datacenter, multi-cluster environment and a strong understanding of multi-tenancy and security
• Experience in cost estimation for cloud hosting (including both cloud hosting costs and software licensing)
• A working understanding of code and script such as: Shell and PowerShell, Python
• Expertise and hands on experience in Data Engineering in Azure and Azure Solution Architecture
• Technologies and Azure services including Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Presto, Key Vault, API Connection, ADLS, Power Apps, Power automate, Azure functions, Synapse, SQL
• Experience with multiple cloud implementation and migration projects
• Experience with Agile and Hybrid development and deployment projects
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
• Financial background, or experience in financial management in cloud environment (ongoing optimization of costs, migration costs, licensing compliance, etc.)
• Strong analytical skills to support problem troubleshooting, resolution, and root cause determination to complex technology issues
• Ability to thrive in a fast pace and demanding work environment.
• Strong documentation skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical personnel
• Good collaboration and partnership skills to foster key relationships with other technology, application and business teams
• Vendor partnership / management experience
• Experience with running programs and initiatives with remote teams in multiple locations
• Support identification of new cloud service patterns needed to support project implementations and migrations
• Support identification and requirements gathering for new tools and services to enable application discovery, capacity analysis, and migration
• Strong stakeholder and business collaboration skills
• Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills (Both Business and Technical)
• Seeks to improve processes and strive towards efficiencies over time
• Team player who can incorporate ideas and work towards the best solutions
• Adapt at dealing with ambiguity and working in a matrix environment
• Ability to work with virtual teams (remote work locations)
• Lead / participate in functional and technical discussions, driving clarity of complex issues/requirements to build robust solutions
• Ability to take ownership in orchestrating workshops with IT/Business teams and facilitate interactive sessions on cloud operating models, cloud business value, cost optimization, DevOps processes, and application/infrastructure modernization