Agile DevOps Engineer
In order of priority to the Program, your skills are needed in the following four areas:
- AWS, PCF, Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Splunk, New Relic or similar clouds/platforms/tools DevOps automation and Site Reliability Engineering
experience is paramount as youll monitor and configure/code the PCF, AWS and Jenkins architecture supporting our applications for availability,
scalability, elasticity, and transparency via the integration of enterprise log and event management and monitoring platforms (Splunk, Solarwinds,
New Relic), and using artifact repository and change and configuration management policies/tools (GitHub, Nexus).
- Linux Must have a good foundation of experience with Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu or other Linux enterprise distributions.
- Ruby Ruby is our preferred scripting language.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years' direct Ruby on Rails development experience
- 5 years of Agile development experience and/or 3 years of DevOps development experience
- Proven experience with DevOps, Architecture as Code, Elastic Computing and Cloud Automation as pertains to PaaS architectures
- Experience working in Agile and Kanban environments
- Cloud experience: AWS and Pivotal Cloud Foundary (PCF) preferred, or other top-tier cloud-based infrastructure environment: Cloud.gov, IBM Cloud Foundry, SAP Cloud Platform, SUSE Cloud Application, Heroku, Red Hat OpenShift, on Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, or Microsoft Azure
- Infrastructure experience: Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Chef, Jenkins, Docker preferred, or other industry-leading tools: Ansible, Puppet, Spacewalk, Bamboo, TeamCity, GitLab CI
- Log and Event Management and Monitoring experience: SolarWinds, Splunk, New Relic preferred, or other industryleading tools: ElasticSearch, Kibana, ELK
- Version control experience: Github preferred or other industry-leading tools: Git, GitLab, Bitbucket
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be able to pass a Federal background investigation
- Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) experience
- Certifications: AWS, Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Cloud Foundry Operator, DevOps
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)