Arlington County, VA
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
The Applications Developer (AD) technical lead designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software for the DC2 program. The AD works as the technical lead on an agile team to research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. The AD will be responsible for leading the team through an agile process of story development, backlog grooming, and responses to ad-hoc customer priorities.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Analyzes user needs, develops user stories and decomposes to software solutions.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Evaluates effectiveness.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and provides analysis to enhance the applications and architecture.
- Acts as team leader on projects, assigns tasks to team members, and provides training, mentoring and coaching to others on the team.
- Provides status to management, prepares technical summaries and briefings for customer.
- Creates, modifies, and tests code, forms, and script that allow computer applications to run.
- Conducts trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Performs or directs revisions, repairs, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Performs systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Develop programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
- Performs as part of an agile team, utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices. Collaborates frequently with other team members.
- Responsible for working with Java, services and microservice architecture
- 15+ years of relevant experience, with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical degree preferred
- Experience in the following technologies and tools: Java
- GitHub experience
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Experience working as a team or technical lead in a software development environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines
- US Citizenship
- Oracle/SQL experience
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD technologies
- HTML 5
- GitHub, JIRA experience
- Experience working in an Agile team, scrum master role
- Experience in Model View Presenter or Model View Controller design patterns
- US Government Security Clearance, preferably DHS Public Trust
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)