Associate Research Scientist
Somerset County, NJ
Business Group Highlights
Perspecta Labs generates transformative applied research to fuel solutions for our customers unique challenges. We are a self-sustaining research center within Perspecta that provides applied research and engineering to enable government agencies, utilities and commercial enterprises to fully exploit the future of communications, analytics and cyber security.
Perspecta Labs delivers world class machine learning, cyber research and engineering to government agencies, telecom carriers, utilities, and commercial enterprises. Drawing on its Bell Labs heritage, Perspecta Labs excels at creating innovative technologies and services to solve the most difficult and complex problems.
We are looking for candidates with a strong research background in cyber security, software development and networking for full-time positions. Candidates will work with teams to research, conceive, and develop prototypes, and should be adept at identifying successful approaches to complex problems.
The Research Scientist is expected to perform R&D work under the guidance of senior researchers on well-defined R&D tasks, and collaborate with peers to address research challenges. At a high level, the expected R&D work will be in the broad areas of cyber security, Internet and wireless communications, and data analytics.
- Perform R&D tasks, including the design of algorithms, design and implementation of software components/systems, as well as testing and evaluation of software components/systems;
- Assist project manager and technical leads to generate ideas for proposal opportunities;
- Explore approaches to R&D challenges and develop novel ideas that could sufficiently address such challenges;
- Develop software prototypes and cooperate with peers to conduct integration testing;
- Assist the preparation of papers and technical reports to publish research results in public forums
- Prepare and present R&D results to the project manager and possibly to customers as well
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
- Perfers Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related disciplines;
- Experience in thesis research or advanced research projects leading to publication(s) in peer-reviewed conferences or journals;
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience in cyber security and networking research, diagnosis, or experimentation;
- Excellent software development skills, including design, version management, and testing;
- Well-versed in multiple programming languages, such as Python, C/C++, Java;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- U.S. citizen.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)