Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Automation Engineer will engage in cloud-based systems engineering and implementation of enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for cloud computing, and development and deployment of automated software applications into a cloud environment. Activities supported will include full life cycle end-to-end systems engineering, development, integration and deployment of knowledge-based model-driven software cloud computing and information systems that meet specified mission needs and speed. Accelerating decision superiority will leverage automated integrated Mutli-INT business processes, model-driven system engineering, activity model-driven collection and analytic methods, object based production, Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS), advanced object recognition and analytic algorithms, machine learning, artificial and augmented intelligence sources & methods.
Considered a recognized authority within the company. Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Works on technology-based projects using Agile methodologies collaborating across systems, organizations and entities. Collaborate with developers and customers on a daily basis during agile projects. Provides business and systems analysis support for projects collaborating with customers and developers to identify, define, interpret, and clarify scope of problems/issues in terms of business/systems requirements and processes. Drive requirements clarification via standard techniques such as lean driven task/workflow analysis to identify epics and breakdown epics into stories with acceptance test criteria to be used to drive iterations. Assure all documented requirements and acceptance test criteria are transparent to the whole team. Conduct agile projects swarming" sessions, taking on new tasks to focus and keep the team on track. Elicit and document requirements using collaboration, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis. Conducts systems analysis to determine data needs and technical recommendations. Leads the application testing process to verify business and systems requirements are met through development of acceptance test criteria and validating those criteria in the system. Hands on leading/facilitating the execution of all test cases and sharing of the test results and trends. Owns creation and management of project artifacts for clients Systems Development Methodology, Agile Methodology and/or other team deliverables. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. Writing/eliciting Epics and decomposing them into User Stories sized appropriately for the iteration. Recognizing and using common repeatable patterns to estimate epics and/or stories. Creating acceptance test criteria and managing the end-to-end testing process, including writing automated test scripts. Designs and develops automated solutions to complex applications problems, system issues, or network concerns. Automates systems management and integration functions.
- A minimum of TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor's with 10-12 yrs of experience or a Master's with 8-10 yrs of experience; Or related equivalent experience without a degree.
- Any Cloud-related Professional certification(s): e.g., i. Professional Cloud Solutions Architect (PCSA) ii. AWS Solutions Architect (Professional), iii. AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, iv. AWS Certified SysOps Administrator (Associate), v. AWS Certified DevOps Engineer (Professional), vi. AWS Certified Big Data (Specialty)]
- Experience leading a distributed cross-functional information technology implementation team.
- DIA systems experience e.g., Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS), Generic Area Limitations Environment (GALE), Functional Intelligence System of Hierarchical Networks (FISHNet), FounDRI, Event Data, Defense Economics Database, Object Based Production (OBP), Activity Based Intelligence (ABI), IC Information Technology Enterprise (ICITE).
- Hands-on experience in large-scale distributed systems engineering, integration, applications, analysis (e.g., architecture, design, development, implementation, verification, deployment and sustainment).
- Experience applying Agile processes to systems implementation and software applications development methods.
- STEM Masters degree (e.g., computer science, management information systems, systems engineering).
- Large cloud-computing infrastructure and platforms experience (e.g., AWS or Elastic MapReduce).
- Cloud-based systems engineering, development & deployment of applications into a cloud environment experience.
- Automated integrated Mutli-INT processing, model-driven system engineering, activity model-driven collection and analytic methods, object based production, Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS), advanced object recognition and analytic algorithms, machine learning, artificial and augmented intelligence sources & methods.
- Experience using Application Lifecycle Management, API Management, and Agile development methodologies.
- Programming language experience (e.g., Java, C++, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, Pig/Hive, Elixir).
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)