Business Relationship Management Specialist
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Perspecta is in need of a Business Relationship Management Specialist in support of our client, Customs and Border Protection. The Business Relationship Management Specialist will provide an effective and adequate IT service to the solutions business. The BRM team shall ensure business satisfaction in the Office of Information Technology (OIT) by identifying stakeholders, establish relevant dialogues within business directorates, and is responsible for service level management and support for general BRM IT related activities/projects. Responsibilities may include the following:
- Business Relationship Management / establish business satisfaction program including a service catalogue.
- Solutions IT strategy management / Innovation (projects) /Improvement
- Service Portfolio Management
- Service Level Management
- Service Delivery/Project Management
- Represent IT Solutions in front of customers where IT presence is required
- Manages the relationship with the key-stakeholders in the enterprise
- Supports requirements collection and definition for Service Request intake portal
The BRM assumes accountability for all the tasks that are directed towards IT from business development in acquiring of new projects. He/she understands ITs capabilities and constraints and ensure business needs are addressed to ensure business satisfaction with IT.
Business Relationship Management:
- Hold meetings with stakeholders to understand frustrations, needs, and address IT performance using agreed upon metrics reporting
- Provide support for requested implementations, migrations, and development projects
- Supports service request intake & requirements gathering and definition from directorates
- Participates in directorate project planning in a liaison capacity
- Provides recommendations for updates/improvements to service catalog
Service Portfolio Management:
- Align business needs with the future application landscape
- Provide input for improvements and process coverage
- Promote existing solutions and (future) landscape get leverage on developed solutions
- Act as Gatekeeper with respect to standards, policies, rules etc.
Service Delivery Management:
- Confirm required service levels with the business
- Support delivery of services to align with business needs
- Provide reporting and metrics
- Follow up on the required improvements / issues
- Periodic review & update of process & procedure documentation
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- 3 - 10 years of overall IT and client facing experience with a B.S. degree. BS degree may be substituted by an additional 4 years of related experience.
- 2+ year of experience in a client-facing role, supporting IT Operations
- 2+ year of experience supporting stakeholder management and/or requirements gathering
- Experience with metrics collection/analysis and reporting
- Highly motivated with strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Good attention to detail with high importance placed on accuracy
- Flexible in manner of working and willingness to adapt and learn
- Able to identify opportunities for further improvements
- Sharp analytical skills
- Ability to take personal ownership and responsibility
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to Obtain and Maintain a CBP Suitability
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)