Business Systems Analyst (Expert)
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Business Systems Analyst provides financial analysis and support in a fast-paced and dynamic customer environment. This position will manage the customer's multi-million dollar Spend Plan. The candidate will support the customer with tracking expenditures, initiating budget builds, tracking funding requests, running reports, assisting with preparation of briefings to Front Office, as well as, attending and participating in these briefings with customer management. Must be willing to be proactive and communicate daily with project managers, external vendors, and group management. This is a high-visibility position in a very high-energy, fast-paced, mission focused area. The finance resource is a critical part of the group and mission and is the go-to person for all budget-related questions. The candidate will also work with internal and external financial organizations to gain insight into a complicated external funding process.
- Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Strong understanding of the customer's financial systems and processes
- Experience in financial oversight and analysis including budget builds, funding requests, expenditure tracking and projections
- Expertise in financial reporting methods including building and running reports, preparation of briefings for Executive-level personnel
- Strong communication skills and the ability to respond to spontaneous requests from management for real time budget status information
- Experience being the central POC for all group financial transactions including routing for funding packages, acceptance documents and deobligation/closeout actions
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter requiring minimal oversight and direction to execute independent projects
- On site, customer domain experience
- Ability to interface/collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders of various seniority levels
- Must have the ability to operate independently and be proactive with very little oversight from management
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)