Chief Systems Engineer
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Applications Systems Integrator (ASI) delivers full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to the missions of its customers. ASI technical services modernize NSG systems and segments to provide enhanced information technology mission capabilities to users worldwide.
The ASI Chief Systems Engineer (CSE) provides leadership, oversight, and technical guidance to the ASI program staff. Reporting directly to the Functional Area (FA) Program Manager (PM), the CSE is accountable for the overall technical execution and product quality of Application initiatives.
- Lead or participate in customer and program strategic and tactical planning activities
- Lead or participate in the development of system architectures to evolve mission services
- Conduct Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs) and provide data-driven recommendations
- Assess new technologies for fit-for-use by missions services
- Translate customer needs into program requirements
- Lead the shaping of emerging high priority technical initiatives, establishing a project management framework for a seamless hand-off to project leads
- Lead the resolution of complex technical issues and risk management efforts, providing a sound systems engineering approach and an enterprise perspective
- Proactively engage customer leadership to provide value-added influence to innovative ways to address hard problems
- Establish an effective relationship with the customer and Integrated Program Office Technical (IPO) representatives Applications Technical Executive (TX) Office to ensure program synchronization and technical alignment
- Monitor and provide assured responses to customer action items and program deficiencies
- Review and assess FA engineering products for quality assurance
- Establish and maintain robust systems engineering processes to achieve consistency across the FA and IPOs.
- Provide technical leadership to project leads and engage with the team on project execution
- Lead program (cross-FA/IPO) technical forums, including engineering review boards (ERBs) and integration forums
- Bachelors degree in engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 16+ years of systems engineering, systems integration or systems development experience, with a minimum of 10 years recent agency-specific experience
- 10+ years technical leadership experience with IC mission projects, in a multi-contractor, military, and civilian government environment
- 5+ years technical experience supporting NSG systems, segments, and architectures
- 3+ years of experience as a chief engineer on a large systems engineering effort
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective relationships with senior level customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present effective technical presentations to senior management; must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, with proven time management and organization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- TS/SCI Clearance (with a current SSBI favorably adjudicated within the last 5 years)
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- 4+ years of experience as a systems of systems integrator
- 2+ years of experience in emerging NSG capabilities and tradecraft to include AAA, SOM, ABI, and OBP
- 2+ years of experience in cloud technology engineering and migration
- 1+ years of experience agile systems engineering and development methods (User Story Generation, Sprint/Scrum Development, Development Back-log management)
- Working knowledge of the NSG strategies and portfolio management
- SAFe Agilist and PMP certifications
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)