Computer Forensics Technical Specialist
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The candidate will provide forensic analyst expertise support to a United States Government (USG) customer and will be an active contributing member of a security vulnerability and computer forensic analysis team. The candidate must exercise excellent social acumen and operational judgment and be able to respond quickly to high priority tasking. The candidate must understand the importance of using tradecraft to minimize exposure. The candidate should have a comfort level with speaking as s/he may be required to brief assessments at various forums across the Intelligence Community. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will:
- Conduct computer forensics and security vulnerability analysis using commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and/or customer provided tools,
- Evaluate cloud services, web applications, and commercial-off-the-shelf software and hardware
- Perform network traffic analysis of web services to analyze raw packet data for anomalies, Support cyber security initiatives through both predictive and reactive analysis, articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff.
- Provide management with discrepancy reports and end user documentation.
- Communicate daily with program managers, management, customer representatives, and end users to ensure delivery of quality products.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Cybersecurity, Information Technology (IT), Electrical Engineering (EE), Computer Science, , Computer/Digital Forensics Demonstrated 6years experience in three or more of the following: analysis, network engineering, networking security, penetration testing, red taming, hardware engineering, software reverse engineering, computer exploitation.
- Proven proficiency with at least three (3) or more of the following: mobile security, telecom protocols, operating systems (Windows, iOS, Android, or Linux), reverse engineering, forensics, network analysis, vulnerability assessment or malware forensics.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Wireshark, Fiddler, EnCase, Sleuthkit and/or other forensic tools
- Demonstrated experience in drafting reports, documenting case details, and able to summarize findings and recommendations based on system analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in performing post-incident computer forensics while maintaining proper chain of custody and without destruction of critical data.
- Experience within Intelligence Community (IC)community
- Experience employing advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, including dead system analysis and volatile data collection and analysis
- Law Enforcement/Cyber Forensics experience
- Desired experience ensuring quality assurance and the spreading of best practices
- Relevant Certifications: CCFP, GCIA, OSCP, CEH, CISSP, or Security+
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)