Configuration Management Analyst IV
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Seeking a Senior Configuration Management Analyst to act as the Learning Management Resource Manager. This role requires a dedicated, dependable, and reliable Senior Level Configuration Management Analyst to support the DIA TALOS program. Supporting training and outreach you will be responsible for establishes and maintains configuration management policies and procedures to be utilized by the training and outreach teams in addition to other participating functions to ensure a standard and effective approach to the application of configuration management requirements. Analyzes changes to product specifications to determine the effect on the end product and determines and prepares documentation necessary for change control. Designs and establishes configuration management documentation. Authorizes the release of drawings, schedules and system configuration changes specified by management and other functional groups through established process. Operates configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and auditing. Performs configuration management tasks to ensure new configuration management baselines are documented, comply with standards. Works with standard commercial software products used for configuration management.
Specific tasks that the Learning Management Resource Management individual will ensure is accomplished, either online or as instructor-led opportunities, includes:
- Establish Configuration management standards, guidelines, processes, and procedures for supporting the training and outreach teams.
- Review and analyze approved production change releases and coordinate with engineering, implementations, operations, training, and outreach teams, as required to ensure that changes are implemented and documented per the standard.
- Perform day-to-day tasks including but not limited to, responding to customer inquiries for metric reporting, data validation audits, data cleansing activities, discovery/reconciliation actions, etc.
- Perform various methods of data/metric collection; automated report creation utilizing Configuration Management tools as well as manual methods (i.e., GUI, command line, etc.).
Perform manual validation of baseline configuration for a wide variety of network appliances and applications by accessing via GUI, command line and performing commands to display the required configuration data
- Identifies and maintains the original configuration of all documentation
- Tracks all changes in documents and training/outreach deliverable, reporting changes and current configuration.
- Supports audits to verify that requirements of all baselines have been met.
- Formulates or reviews proposed changes and validates that each change request has met all the appropriate requirements before board submission.
- Collaborates with stakeholders in order to verify that changes are ready to seek board approval.
- Works to resolve issues and help define needs for change requests that could impede board approval.
- Facilitates meetings which may include creating agendas, tracking action items and preparing minutes.
- Coordinates modification records for management control.
- Strive to continuously improve the quality of your work as well as our internal processes to contribute to the overall
- Assist in developing, sustain, update DIAs product library to ensure all training is applicable to current production environment.
- Work with the program to provide an innovative approach and cost avoidance.
- A minimum of TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor's w/ 08-10 yrs., Master's w/ 06-08 yrs. experience, Or related equivalent experience w/o a degree
- Ability to build effective relationships with customer as well as staff
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office suite products, to include PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent Configuration Management, and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Exhibit pro-active, agile, and dependable qualities.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of Configuration Management disciplines.
- Strong work ethic and ability to confidently make independent decisions and be responsible for assigned tasks and work products.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision
- Must have the ability to proactively resolve issues in a diplomatic, flexible, and constructive manner
- DIA systems experience e.g., Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS), Generic Area Limitations Environment (GALE), Functional Intelligence System of Hierarchical Networks (FISHNet), FounDRI, Event Data, Defense Economics Database, Object Based Production (OBP), Activity Based Intelligence (ABI), IC Information Technology Enterprise (ICITE).
- STEM Masters degree (e.g., computer science, management information systems, systems engineering).
- Professional Certification(s) e.g., DoD Instructional Systems Design Professional Certification
- Experience using Agile systems implementation methodologies.
- Mission/Business Capability analysis experience determining how a capability should work and how changes in conditions, threat, mission, ROE, operations, technology and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Experience delivering final products through any cost-reasonable and available means.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)