Cyber Software Engineer II
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
Cyber Software Engineer II
Fort Belvoir, VA
Perspecta is seeking a skilled Cyber Software Engineer to conduct Forensic and Malware Analysis (F&MA) for Defensive Cyberspace Operations for ARCYBER G3.
- Reverse-engineer executable code, assess for malicious intent, analyze its attack/exploit capability, and document findings. Perform dead-box forensic analysis and live forensic/incident handling analysis.
- Develop and maintain malware analysis artifacts (e.g., reports, case notes, etc.).
- Conducts research in design, development, testing and utilization of electronic data processing software.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Active TS/SCI w/ Poly
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, deploying, testing, and evaluator of software applications.
- 5+ years of experience developing and maintaining manuals, drawings, and/or system specifications.
- 5+ years of experience working with Windows AD, VMWare, and CISCO switches.
- Experienced in multiple programming languages and knowledgeable in Agile development approaches.
- Edu/Exp: HS +11-14 Years, BA/BA 5-10 Years, or MA/MS +3-6 Years.
- Must have DoD 8570 Certs: DoD 8570 IAT Level II CCNA, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, or SSCP).
- Desired certs: CHFI, GCFA, CEH
- Position is M-F, 16x5 with on call surge support.
- This position will re-locate to Fort Gordon, GA NLT 30 September 2020 with relocation benefits.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)