Cyber Systems Engineer
Wake County, NC
Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspectas Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Perspecta has an immediate need for aCyber Systems Engineerin Raleigh, NC
CSOC Engineer is responsible for analyzing all relevant cyber security event data and other information sources for suspicious network traffic, attack indicators and potential security breaches; produce reports, assist in coordination during incidents. In support of the customer's strategic direction, key individuals support the Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) employing innovative technologies.
Apply advanced knowledge of information security services/analysis concepts, practices and procedures. Support will include providing oversight and guidance of analysts for detecting and evaluating intrusions. Determine true threats, false positives and network system mis-configurations and provide solutions to issues detected in a timely manner.
A Bachelors degree with 2 to 5 years of experience or 0 to 2 years with MS/MA/MBA or 8 to 10 years with no degree.
- Understanding of network protocols coupled with experience with web proxies, web application firewalls and vulnerability assessment tools.
- Perform deep-dive incident analysis by correlating data from various sources and determine if a critical system or data set is affected.
- Handle incidents as defined in Playbooks and SOPs and advise on remediation actions.
- Respond to Cyber Security Incidents, provide cyber threat analysis and reporting to support SOC and Program's situational awareness.
- Support a 24/7/365 Security Operations Center and monitor security tools and provide tier II response to security incidents.
- Follow standard operating procedures for detecting, classifying and reporting incidents under the supervision of Tier 3 staff.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a high level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of IP networking and network security including Intrusion Detection.
- Extensive Windows, Linux, Database, Application, Web server, log analysis etc.
- Solid experience troubleshooting security reports on Linux, Windows, routers, firewalls, applications, etc.
- Experience scripting with PowerShell, bash/ksh/sh, Cisco IOS.sh, JunOS sh/csh, Perl, Tcl, Lua.
- Familiarity with common network vulnerability/penetration testing tools.
- Some experience with system hardening guidance and tools.
- Security documentation experience (DIACAP/RMF).
- Some Splunk query-development expertise.
- Experience in an Incident Response team performing Tier I/II initial incident triage.
- Positive attitude with strong oral and written communication skills.
This position requires United States Citizenship and eligibility to**obtain a sensitive clearance Position of Public Trust. May be required to obtain a higher security clearance.**
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)