Cyber Systems Engineer
Fairfax County, VA
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Cyber Systems Engineer who will be responsible for applying advanced knowledge of information security services/analysis concepts, practices and procedures. Support will include providing oversight and guidance of analysts for detecting and evaluating security vulnerability. Determining true threats, system mis-configurations and providing solutions to issues in a timely manner. You will provide feedback to design engineers and evaluates end-to-end training and outreach systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Working as an expert, you will conduct research and evaluates technical vulnerabilities of software products and overall segments and systems. Ensures products and systems comply with requirements and government information assurance and cyber security standards and practices through formal verification methods. Verifies/validates specific emphasis on the threat to information networks. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current and planned products based on testing, research, and analysis. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they verify/validate the requirements. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements. Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior Government intelligence and operations officials
Specific tasks that the Cyber Systems Engineer will ensure is accomplished, either online or as instructor-led opportunities, includes:
- Knowledge of enterprise level architecture and application of security criteria, including related NIST security controls requirements.
- Knowledge of cyber network defense strategies; skilled in scanning for vulnerabilities, analyzing results, recommending remediation and/or mitigation strategies (experience with ACAS, SCAP, SRGs, and STIGs)
- Knowledge & ability to evaluate the effectiveness of security controls across the spectrum of networked devices, and identify vulnerabilities/deficiencies, recommending corrective actions, and updating all software and/or applying patches as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Assurance (IA) concepts, practices, and procedures using established policies and/or standards to mitigate security risks.
- Knowledge and support for services such as System Security Plans (SSP), risk assessment, audit policy, scanning policy, POA&AMs, CONOPS, COOP/DR, IA Cert Checks, and MOU/MOAs.
- Review and comment on technical documentation to ensure compliance with security standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, including DoD 8500.02, DoD 8510, NIST SP 800-37, NIST SP 800-53 or 53A, NIST SP 800-30, NIST 800-171, and CNSSI 1253.
- Review requirements to identify potential security vulnerabilities during the design stage of technical solution development
- Perform Cyber Security analysis, correlation, and prioritization of findings discovered in scans and vendor bulletins.
- Provide vulnerability tracking and status reporting on vendor provided or DIA mandated security patches
- Assist in the development and implementation of all policies and procedures relating to Cyber and Network Security
- A minimum of TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor's w/ 08-10 yrs. experience, Master's w/ 06-08 yrs. experience Or related equivalent experience w/o a degree
- Experience engineering Cyber Security solutions using cloud-based technologies.
- Experience engineering Cyber Security solutions using structured and unstructured Big Data
- Experience engineering Cyber Security solutions using Automation, Augmentation and Artificial Intelligence technologies.
- Ability to incorporates feedback from reviewers to improve initial draft and concepts
- DIA systems experience e.g., Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS), Generic Area Limitations Environment (GALE), Functional Intelligence System of Hierarchical Networks (FISHNet), FounDRI, Event Data, Defense Economics Database, Object Based Production (OBP), Activity Based Intelligence (ABI), IC Information Technology Enterprise (ICITE).
- STEM Masters degree (e.g., computer science, management information systems, systems engineering).
- Professional Certification(s) e.g., Certified Cloud Security (ISC2), CISM: Certified Information Security Manager, CompTIA Security+, CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional., CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker..
- Experience using Agile systems implementation methodologies.
- Mission/Business Capability analysis experience determining how a capability should work and how changes in conditions, threat, mission, ROE, operations, technology and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Experience in government or industry leading enterprise-level cyber security efforts involving architecting, designing, development, and configuration of cloud- and on premise-based systems and software.
- Experience delivering final products through any cost-reasonable and available means.
- Experience developing plans, processes, tools, techniques to collect user community/user training feedback and customer satisfaction (e.g., surveys, questionnaires), analyze/assess results, incorporating into continuous improvement.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)